Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Twin Exhaust

howardm

Hi,

I fancy fitting a twin exhaust to my 2005 3-door XT4

Is this available off the shelf, or is it a custom job.?

thx

Howard

Howard

I fittted one for Local Hero on his 4.3 but this outfit does them for yours as well;

http://www.vangadgets.co.uk/UK/twin-sports-exhaust-silencer-stainless-steel-cobra-toyota-rav4-mk4-5-door-toy1288.html

Thanks anchorman, not cheap.!

Have you looked at their current offer price - £258 + VAT or are you going by the £445 + VAT?

EDIT

Doh! looked at wrong year/model - the £258 is for the 06-09 model. Might be worth seeing if they would move on the price for your model though.

Hi Howard, sorry I've not been looking in very much recently, got a lot of cr*p going on at the mo, anyway you don't say if your ravs petrol or diesel? I have a twin exhaust on my 4.3 diesel its "Cobra" make and i got it from the Co Anchs has shown a link too I got it for £300 inc post.. TTE make them for all models although they are expensive, also Remus make them they are the same as TTe ones but cheaper, I also looked in to having one custom made about £250.. that was from a company in Macclesfield but they need the car for the day. Now if yours is a 4.2 petrol a certain member "Hoovie" is about to change his car :unsure: + he has one on his maybe you could work something out :unsure: Alternately as Anchs says they do come up on eBay now +again hope this helps :thumbsup: Stew

Hi Howard, sorry I've not been looking in very much recently, got a lot of cr*p going on at the mo, anyway you don't say if your ravs petrol or diesel? I have a twin exhaust on my 4.3 diesel its "Cobra" make and i got it from the Co Anchs has shown a link too I got it for £300 inc post.. TTE make them for all models although they are expensive, also Remus make them they are the same as TTe ones but cheaper, I also looked in to having one custom made about £250.. that was from a company in Macclesfield but they need the car for the day. Now if yours is a 4.2 petrol a certain member "Hoovie" is about to change his car :unsure: + he has one on his maybe you could work something out :unsure: Alternately as Anchs says they do come up on ebay now +again hope this helps :thumbsup: Stew

I was extremely impressed with that one on yours Stew and one day when anchorwoman isn't looking I will have one to go with the new stylish side steps that she doesn't know about either!!!

I wish I kept the old backbox. I would get that put back on and then sell my twin-pipe TTE system at a very keen price  :crybaby:

got 'til Saturday to do a swap  :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I found this today...................by accident.!

http://www.palmautomotive.co.uk/4trucks/acatalog/Toyota_RAV4_2005-RearStyling_4x4_Accessories_.html

About what I would pay for such an item.

Thanks folks

Do my eyes deceive me or is that a TRIPLE exhaust in the 'on car' photo :unsure: Now that's what I call 'one-upmanship' :P

You can get that for £300 all in - Stewpot has one.

Dave

It does look odd. I think there is an attempt to show to styles of pipe gone wrong.

Do my eyes deceive me or is that a TRIPLE exhaust in the 'on car' photo :unsure: Now that's what I call 'one-upmanship' :P

I think that is just a photo error hopefully this is the same photo...

2648_RAV4_Heck2.jpg

The exhaust shown on the link is i think :unsure: for the petrol version, mine came looking like this prior to Anchs fitting it for me..

newexhaust124.jpg

I am very pleased with it, however it does need cleaning regularly as it gets quite sooty + the chrome around the pipes exit is a little tarnished as a result I noticed a 59plate new diesel avensis had the same problem, Are toyota diesels particularly sooty? as i hate to say it but BMWs + even LRs seem to have nuch cleaner exhausts :unsure:

Exhaust fitted... :thumbsup: Stew

newexhaust207.jpg

Are you troubled by damp LH? :unsure:

Nasty out break of fungus there

Are you troubled by damp LH? :unsure:

Nasty out break of fungus there

Had me worried,"Fungus" got it :lol: mushrooms in the fireplace, just a bit of amateur woodturning :thumbsup: Stew

I nearly put fungi, but I would have had to ask your good lady that. (geddit) :lol::lol: