Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Tyres Are Best For 4.2

Catweazle

I need to replace all 4 tyres on the RAV and to avoid any costly mistakes would appreciate feedback on which ones you all think are best. I'm looking for a good all-rounder with good wet & dry grip (including snow & ice) and low noise.

I always found that round ones served best and that wood wheels were poor on grip. Similarly solid tyres seem to be hopeless at grip and useless in mud.

I bought heavy duty off-road tyres for the landrover but also had to buy ear-mufflers to cut out the engine noise and the road noise.

The Falkens I use are good but not designed for off road.... altho damn good on the racetrack.

With any universal tyre, you'll get a compromise of everything. What about 2 sets of wheels/tyres with 1 set for bad weather/off-road??

I need to replace all 4 tyres on the RAV and to avoid any costly mistakes would appreciate feedback on which ones you all think are best. I'm looking for a good all-rounder with good wet & dry grip (including snow & ice) and low noise.

/quote]

hi mate

check with -Bridgestone Turanza EL400; Michelin Latitude Tour HP; Nokian Hakka SUV.

cheers/Igor

Found the band new spare on my RAV was a TOYO TRANPATH A11 (specifically engineered for the RAV4), so I bought one to match and put them on the front, replacing my now worn Duellers!

Had no probs with the Duellers, they performed well in all conditions, even the snow we had recently even though the tread was getting low, but some people on here hate them?

For me it was just a economical way of getting some good rubber on, and they seem nice and quiet, as regard tread life we will have to wait and see.

Regards tyre performance, I think this is a subjective matter, what suits one may well not suit another.

Look-up Blackcircles.com, Recommended :thumbsup:

As long as they stop, steer and run quietly with good mileage, what the heck, the RAV is no boy racer.

There have been a few threads on here over the years (have a search) and the General Grabber UHP's seem to be favoured. I also need 4(or 5) and keep saying I will go with these. They are about £350 for four from event-tyres with their mobile fitting service.

Thanks Nigebob

How are you finding the Toyo A11s compared to the Duellers - any worse or better?

For what its worth, on my previous motors,I went with my local independant tyre dealer whom I heard,many years ago,say to someone that he would not fit the cheap tyres they had asked for as he only sold what he himself would drive on.

I never felt that he had sold me an unsatisfactory product.

So I would say give your local independant a try!

Just my twopence worth.

Hi Crofter

I did pay my local independent guy a visit and he suggested Falken AT T110 tyres but I havn't been able to find much in the way of reviews about them on the web, but must say that I am still swaying towards these at the moment but don't want to go and buy 4 then regret it.

Hi Crofter

I did pay my local independent guy a visit and he suggested Falken AT T110 tyres but I havn't been able to find much in the way of reviews about them on the web, but must say that I am still swaying towards these at the moment but don't want to go and buy 4 then regret it.

Yeh, still in the same situation as you Cat, the Falken AT 110's look tempting but I can't find much feed back too! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Nigebob

How are you finding the Toyo A11s compared to the Duellers - any worse or better?

They seem just as good as the Dueller’s to me! Quiety & Comfy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links