Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005 Toyota Avensis D-4D T3X

beresfc

Dear All,

I'm new to this forum so I apologise in advance if this question as been addressed before.

I have owned a 2005 Toyota Avensis D-4D T3X from new and to date have had the pleasure of 98k trouble free miles.The car as been serviced at 10k intervals by a Toyota Dealer.

However, over the past two weeks I have experienced four occasions when I'm motoring at say 40 to 50 mph when there is a lack of power/flat spot. This occurs for about say 30 seconds and then disappears and the car accelerates like a good un.

Having said that on one occasion it did last for a couple of minutes and I noticed some blue smoke coming from the exhaust when I looked in the rear view mirror. Upon slowing down to exit the dual carriage way all was well when I increased speed upon joing another road. I did notice a blip for a few seconds as if the engine misfired???

I am assuming that the problem could be EGR or Turbo related. any suggestions please for this engine.

Thanks in anticipation.

Beresfc

Hi, check this topic http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=110100

I'm having similar problems at the moment. Not resolved yet. Tom

Hi tomekpel,

The car was worse this morning coming into work. I've booked it in at a Toyota Dealer for tomorrow. I will let you know the outcome. Hope it doesn't cyst too much. :crybaby::crybaby:

Beresfc

mine was smokie a few weeks back

since then ive cleaned the egr valve

and put a new air filter in

and finally ive added a bottle of FORTE to 50litres of fuel

now all seems great again

I had exact problems quite a while ago, i used to have to pull a side and turn the engine for a couple minutes and the try to drive not reving more 2k rpm, egr was cleaned and seems working fine now.

Dear All,

I'm new to this forum so I apologise in advance if this question as been addressed before.

I have owned a 2005 Toyota Avensis D-4D T3X from new and to date have had the pleasure of 98k trouble free miles.The car as been serviced at 10k intervals by a Toyota Dealer.

However, over the past two weeks I have experienced four occasions when I'm motoring at say 40 to 50 mph when there is a lack of power/flat spot. This occurs for about say 30 seconds and then disappears and the car accelerates like a good un.

Having said that on one occasion it did last for a couple of minutes and I noticed some blue smoke coming from the exhaust when I looked in the rear view mirror. Upon slowing down to exit the dual carriage way all was well when I increased speed upon joing another road. I did notice a blip for a few seconds as if the engine misfired???

I am assuming that the problem could be EGR or Turbo related. any suggestions please for this engine.

Thanks in anticipation.

Beresfc

hello mate

firstly check with both SCV solenoids ohmpedance -- may be they play with you + check with good el contact of their respective wires to el lead.

Cheers/Igor

Dear All,

Left the vehicle at Toyota Dealers at 08.00hrs this morning.

Received phone call at 15.30hrs to say car was ready for collection.

Went to collect car and was told that they had not been able to solve problem. :angry::angry: They need car for 2 days so it's now booked in for Monday.

On inspecting the engine when I arrived home I came to the conclusion that nothing appeared to have been touched. I'm not very happy to say the least. :angry::angry: I suspect that they may have had a lot of work on that day so probably left my car whilst last.

Beresfc

Hi tomekpel,

The car was worse this morning coming into work. I've booked it in at a Toyota Dealer for tomorrow. I will let you know the outcome. Hope it doesn't cyst too much. :crybaby::crybaby:

Beresfc

I can feel your pain, Beresfc. I'm trying to check the less expensive things at the moment but moving further down my list, it doesn't look rosy... Tom

Hi tomekpel,

Beresfc

I can feel your pain, Beresfc. I'm trying to check the less expensive things at the moment but moving further down my list, it doesn't look rosy... Tom

Hi tomekpel,

Beresfc

I have received a phone call advising me that the turbo is shot. :ffs: :ffs:

They gave me an indicative price to repair of £1200. :ffs: :ffs:

After some discussion they have offered to reduce the cost with Toyota paying 50% of the parts cost. :yes::yes:

The problem is with the variable vane turbo. Any one else had this problem.

Regards

beresfc

hello there. i wondering if anyone can help me. I have a toyota avensis d4d 2004 tspirit.

I have the engine management light on, the vsc light on and the trc light on. The car is in limp mode as it does not accelerate over 40mph.

I have had the RAC out and the fault codes they have found were P0488 which refers to egr position throttle range and also a code which refers to the glow plug circuit. I have been to a mechanic and he has changed the egr valve and changed the glow plugs. He also resetted the codes and turned the lights off. But once he started driving the car, all the lights have come back on and now the computer is only showing codes P0488.

The car is still in limp mode and has a lack of power.The engine management light, TRC and VSC are still on. There are no other signs of problems with the car. There is no smoke coming out of the exhaust nor is there any leaks from the pipes or engine. The only code showing on the computer is P0488.

Can anyone tell me if they have had a similar problem with the d4d avensis 2004? I would like to take it to Toyota but i am worried they may just diagnose the EGR valve again, but i have already fitted a new one so i dont think that is the problem. Any ideas?

hello there. i wondering if anyone can help me. I have a toyota avensis d4d 2004 tspirit.

I have the engine management light on, the vsc light on and the trc light on. The car is in limp mode as it does not accelerate over 40mph.

I have had the RAC out and the fault codes they have found were P0488 which refers to egr position throttle range and also a code which refers to the glow plug circuit. I have been to a mechanic and he has changed the egr valve and changed the glow plugs. He also resetted the codes and turned the lights off. But once he started driving the car, all the lights have come back on and now the computer is only showing codes P0488.

The car is still in limp mode and has a lack of power.The engine management light, TRC and VSC are still on. There are no other signs of problems with the car. There is no smoke coming out of the exhaust nor is there any leaks from the pipes or engine. The only code showing on the computer is P0488.

Can anyone tell me if they have had a similar problem with the d4d avensis 2004? I would like to take it to Toyota but i am worried they may just diagnose the EGR valve again, but i have already fitted a new one so i dont think that is the problem. Any ideas?

Collected my car from Toyota dealer on Friday after having new turbo fitted.

Service team said car OK but had a flat spot.

Have diven all :crybaby::crybaby: of 8 miles and have the same problem of lack of power and black smoke. :crybaby::crybaby:

Not a happy chappy. Taking car back tomorrow. :ffs: :ffs:

Regards

beresfc