Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mot Emissions Too Low To Register ?

Lordy1

Hi, a bit of help again please.

Just had the car MOT'd and the emissions came out as 'too low to register'.

Does this mean that I have a very clean engine or has the car been adjusted too much and hence my poor fuel economy ? (just about av 30 mpg)

Or does it mean nothing at all ?

Regards

I did notice that on my T180, if you rev it up there is little to no smoke from the pipe? Also when you drop a gear and boot it, little comes out for a diesel. Most of them plume some black smoke when booted. Not mine tho.

it means the VOSA people won't re-possess your car!

it means the VOSA people won't re-possess your car!

No just the county baliff !

Hi Lordy

Hope all is well.

You engine is by design extremely clean running. You know that pipe on top of the EGR valve that I took off to remove the EGR? I will be asking a mate to make me a blank to close it off. Bear with me but it will run perfectly and should improve the fuel consumption but not sure how much just yet. I will be in touch as soon as I can get it made so I can send it to you.

Cheers.

Hi Lordy

Hope all is well.

You engine is by design extremely clean running. You know that pipe on top of the EGR valve that I took off to remove the EGR? I will be asking a mate to make me a blank to close it off. Bear with me but it will run perfectly and should improve the fuel consumption but not sure how much just yet. I will be in touch as soon as I can get it made so I can send it to you.

Cheers.

theres a guy in town where I luve that blanks off cars EGR valves for you. How will that improve mpg Ancs??

Hi Anchorman,

Good to speak again, thanks again for your thoughts on my fuel economy.

It doesn't take much to confuse me, but if that pipe is blocked, where does all the exhaust/carbon go ?

Regards

Hi Lordy

Hope all is well.

Cheers.

Out through the exhaust. It is just a small bypass feed from the cylinder head to the inlet manifold and will work without it and not affect the MOT according to an owner who has done it for over a year.

Out through the exhaust. It is just a small bypass feed from the cylinder head to the inlet manifold and will work without it and not affect the MOT according to an owner who has done it for over a year.

My son recently ran his Ford Transit van for many hundreds of miles in Europe when the bypass pipe fractured and a garage in Italy blanked it off - did not seem to make any difference to its performance but he never checks his mpg !

Guy

My son recently ran his Ford Transit van for many hundreds of miles in Europe when the bypass pipe fractured and a garage in Italy blanked it off - did not seem to make any difference to its performance but he never checks his mpg !

Guy

Hi My First post on this fourm. I had a LDV van which used to smoke intermittently and looked on the transit forum(same engine)for answers. I blanked the AGR off by blocking the vacuum tube with a ball bearing a bit bigger than the bore of the rubber pipe (make sure it is a tight fit). Better MPG better acceleration and no visible signs of tampering, will be trying this on my RAV4 too in the near future. Hope this helps

Max

Hi Max

Welcome to the club. Thanks for the info, the EGRs are capable of playing up on 4.3 RAVs and it seems that blanking them off has some benefits.