Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Everyone Waves At Me..

JappyBeast

What is the deal with that?

When I had my old mini, every other mini driver would wave.

I would at least expect the odd wave from the fellow MR2 driver but never get anything.

Today alone I got waved at by a man in an MX-5,

a guy in an american muscle car (dunno why).

And a fit chick in a black corsa (I have no clue who she it).

Do you think the majority of MR2 owners are not actually that proud of their cars? Sometimes I wonder if they really care what they are driving.

I waved at a Blue Seo the other day, he was waiting to come onto a big roundabout that I was on - guy totally cut me dead, didn't even smile.

He must have realised what car I was coz of the plate! I can count on one hand the amount of other Seo's I've seen on the road in two years....weird! :rolleyes:

I waved at a Blue Seo the other day, he was waiting to come onto a big roundabout that I was on - guy totally cut me dead, didn't even smile.

It wouldn't happen to have been this one?

DazH.gif

:lol:

Just kidding :P

He must have realised what car I was coz of the plate! I can count on one hand the amount of other Seo's I've seen on the road in two years....weird! :rolleyes:

i know wat you mean Si

thought i saw you a while back - red 'seo with 17's on in riverhead

waved at him & he blanked me compleatly -even pulled along side & looked over - again nothing.

probably didnt realise that the Cynos was the jap sister of the paseo. :unsure:

J

thought i saw you a while back - red 'seo with 17's on in riverhead

:D Wasn't me J!

Dazh I would have recognised yours!!! :lol:

I think it's a little weird when it's such a rare car. Never mind! :rolleyes:

the majority of mr2 drivers I see don't bother waving. I generally wave and flash.... probably think I'm a right nut job !! .. lol

I remember going down to England in Jappys Mini once.... every single mini we came across either flashed or waved at us.

I remember going down to England in Jappys Mini once.... every single mini we came across either flashed or waved at us.

Yea Mini's & Beetles are great for that aren't they! My mates old Mk1 Golf GTI occasionally got that also.

Yeah its funny some do some don't. I think there are a few MR2s about now so not so many of the drivers are enthusiasts?? Its funny in my Mk3 supra most mk3 drivers ignore me (lets sat abouta 1/4 wave? but nearly all mk4 driver scknowledge me in some way... nearly ALL probe drivers do... as with the mini.

In the lada everyone just points and laughs :crybaby:

So true mate, i always have a good look at other toyotas and salute anyone i see looking back, mr2 drivers seem oblivious to it all. Alot of mr2 drivers drive around wearing parka jackets posing. Ive been laughed at in my ae86, those smug :censor: dont laugh when i go past em sideways he, he

There doesnt seem to be many real enthusiasts drivin em, or is that a bit too presumptious, dont get me wrong i like em

You said before that you are in donny every weekend, if ya see us give us a shout will bring ya for a spin, trashed the dome sunday night doughnut everywhere, yee-haw

Yeah mate, that sounds wicked! :D I've got a real thing for the AE86 in a disturbing Jap-style way... you seen the Best Motoring DVDs? Or Hot Version?

Tuned-to-<I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?> AE86s battling it out sideways... in fact, check this out!

MRS vs. AE86 downhill... Can you say SIDEWAYS*? :ph34r:

*REAL PLAYER REQUIRED! :eek:

Nah, they weren't mine, but I've bought my own from a bloke in Osaka using eBay, should be here sometime next week. eBay rocks....

Hey, all we need is a proper ICE-merchant with a DVD-install, we'll meet him at the Dome! B) :ph34r:

mini's evry1 waves specially at shows i used 2 have 1 went 2 a show in mates mums mini (mates was only 2 seater) and evry mini flashed or waved,

in yaris' no1 waves i get the occasional nod from other mod'ers/car enthusiast's

but soon i will have a bike again and get the noddin goin :P

Give us a shout to tell us when youll be there again, if not on this forum you can get me gt.coupe@talk21.com alrighty?????????????????????????????????? :thumbsup:

I still want an AE86 :D

Dazh I would have recognised yours!!!  :lol:

Yeah, well I still wouldn't have waved back :P :lol:

Same with bikes mate, I've always waved or nodded but its normally a waste of time if they're on a Harley <_<

Sod MR2 drivers - I've had one wave back and been flashed once, and that's it.

I was mucking about with a Roadster today. I'm not sure if he ha a clue what was going on but I had fun overtaking, pulling in and letting him come past and then overtaking again (and repeat). I even had a laugh with a bird in a Fiesta today. The funniest thing, though, was the fact that she was driving her boyfriend.

I flash everything - MR2s, TVRs, 360s, Elises, M12s.

TVR drivers are the best ones though - They're nearly always up for a laugh.

Incidentally, if anybody in an MR2 in Surrey or Hampshire spots a stupidly loud, black MR2 about then give me a shout ;)

Sod MR2 drivers - I've had one wave back and been flashed once, and that's it.

As you see by my previous post I gave a friendly and courtious wave, so I take it your comments are aimed at all MR2 drivers!!---Like the attitude (NOT!!!!!)

Well, I'm pretty convinced the majority of MR2 drivers bought their cars for none other than the reason that they look nice (meaning that they're just posers, basically) - Otherwise perhaps some of the, shall we say, "community spirit" I so frequently attempt to show towards other MR2 drivers would be returned in kind, but it isn't. I've not given up, but suffice to say that, yes, I actually think that the majority of MR2 drivers can sod off. It's only people like those on this forum; the people that constitute a minority and that actually do return a little respect and courtesy, that make it all worthwhile.

Harsh words there!

I wouldnt strereotype, A BMW driver actually thanked me today for letting him in. :D Nobody ever waves at me tho just for the hell of it :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links