Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Inverter Fluid ?

Ikelos

Hi all, can someone tell me what is inverter coolant fluid, and what does it do.................thanks

Hi all, can someone tell me what is inverter coolant fluid, and what does it do.................thanks

I don't know what it is chemically, but it is water based, comes from Toyota ready mixed and is designated Toyota SLLC. From what I read, it is exactly the same as the engine coolant fluid. The inverter deals with all the electrical power and gets hot to the point where it needs cooling - in much the same way as the IC engine. I gather that the radiator is divided, with the top part cooling the IC engine and the lower part cooling the Inverter. In the engine compartment (I am talking now about a UK Gen3 vehicle) there are two separate transparent reservoirs for IC engine cooling and Inverter cooling. Both contain pink fluid ( the Toyota SLLC). The engine fluid reservoir is on the driver's side, just forward of the brake fluid reservoir, the Inverter fluid reservoir is on the passenger side. In my car, the Inverter fluid reservoir has a very clear label saying "Inverter fluid".

Hi, thank you for that, wish i had seen inverter fluid on the side, I will own up :crybaby: , I have put about an eggcup full of brake fluid in mine, before i read the label, I got a syringe and I think I have got it out, only time will tell.

I have put about an eggcup full of brake fluid in mine,

:eek: . . . . . . why?

dont laugh.................the level was down a bit, my brain had shut down, and I thought it was the brake fluid reservoir.

what a plonker...........................

I'd be inclined to get it checked. Maybe a small amount will be ok, but then again do you want to mess up a £20k car for the sake of a coolant flush?

Put it another way, how much does an inverter cost to replace against the cost of a coolant flush?

I agree with Grumpy Cabbie. It is not worth the risk. The invertor fluid is contaminated and needs to be changed I think. Don't be hard on yourself Ikelos we all do silly things at times. Like me not shutting the boot lid properly.