Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kit Car

Bibbs

How much do I need to change on my car for it to be classed as a kit car .. ?

Thinking of cheap insurance ..

erm.. only 2 things i should think..

Make & Model :P

but seriously.. can you really change a standard road going coupe so much that it can be classified as a 'kit car'?

It would need serious chassis modification, and then would need to pass a SVA.

Have you seen any of the recent scrapheap challenge's?? they've recently done things similar.

what a great program!..

I cant believe they were in Bradford last week and i missed it!! :ffs:

They were in an area called Tong in a scrap yard near my old school and i didnt even know!!! :arrgg-matey:

The Chaos cab rocked :D

i assume bibbs is referring to the 355 kitted mr2 on topgear where it became eligible for kit car status.

but dont do that fella cos u know the abuse you'll get here :lol:

i wonder if u got most of the major panels refabricated in fibreglass (maybe tweaking some a bit) whether that would qualify? :thumbsup:

i wonder if u got most of the major panels refabricated in fibreglass (maybe tweaking some a bit) whether that would qualify? :thumbsup:

Body replacement qualifies if they are not original type parts. You can reshell a VW Beetle with a fibreglass body and it becomes a kit :thumbsup:

i assume bibbs is referring to the 355 kitted mr2 on topgear where it became eligible for kit car status.

but dont do that fella cos u know the abuse you'll get here 

i wonder if u got most of the major panels refabricated in fibreglass (maybe tweaking some a bit) whether that would qualify? 

NOOO - not a Ferrari kit - I wouldn't have to worry about abuse on here, I'd be giving it myself (no - not that kind of self abuse :o ).

I know that kit cars can get insurance for £300 - and that is about 25% of what I'm paying .. just thinking if my mod list is long enough would it count ..