Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smokey Exhaust

Supertog

Probably not a new topic, but lately on starting and uphill driving I've been getting quite a bit of black exhaust smoke.The engine runs fine.I changed the heater plugs but as an MOT is looming I wonder is there anything else I could do to reduce this smoke.It is a 1991-92 2.4 TD with 2000KM on the clock.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards Mike. :help::blink:

Probably not a new topic, but lately on starting and uphill driving I've been getting quite a bit of black exhaust smoke.The engine runs fine.I changed the heater plugs but as an MOT is looming I wonder is there anything else I could do to reduce this smoke.It is a 1991-92 2.4 TD with 2000KM on the clock.

Hi Mike,

Hope this helps.

surf-sensors001-1-1.jpg

Hi Mike,

Hope this helps.

surf-sensors001-1-1.jpg

Thanks A Grasser,

I'll try that and see how it goes.

Regards Mike. :yahoo::thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mike, I have a Japanese import Approx 1993, loads of black smoke got steadily worse over the last year. Apparently it is the fuel pump, can't get one still looking, hope your prob is easily solved. Murgle