Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Oil For Avensis 2009

Descant

I am confused by the handbook over which oil to buy as top up. I've a 2009 2.0 Diesel Avensis TR.

It looks like a 1AD-FTV engine but I don't know whether it has a DPF catalytic converter whatever that is. So it might be ACEA C2 or ACEA B1, grade looks like 5W30.

I went to the local dealer where I purchased the car and they sold me ACEA A3/B4 10W40 which doesn't seem to be right.

Can anyone help please.

I have read the other posts on this but they seem to refer to older cars.

I am confused by the handbook over which oil to buy as top up. I've a 2009 2.0 Diesel Avensis TR.

It looks like a 1AD-FTV engine but I don't know whether it has a DPF catalytic converter whatever that is. So it might be ACEA C2 or ACEA B1, grade looks like 5W30.

I went to the local dealer where I purchased the car and they sold me ACEA A3/B4 10W40 which doesn't seem to be right.

Can anyone help please.

Enter your reg

http://www.castrol.com/castrol/iframe.do?categoryId=9024084&contentId=7044829

I have an Avensis D4d registered in December 2006 and have been going through the same issues trying to a) identify the engine and B) verify the oil to use.

I asked my local dealer and they use a 10W40 semi synthetic oil for servicing oil changes. They told me that I had not got the DCAT which I think means a 2AD-FHV engine (using a DPNR catalytic converter?) but that appears to leave the options of a 1AD-FTV (with DPF catalytic converter or some other undefined option?

The Oil recommended in the manual is 5W-30 with the options listed as either a) except 1AD-FTV engine with DPF catalytic converter or 1AD-FTV engine with catalytic converter so the key thing seems to be to identify if the engine is or is not an 1AD-FTV engine and whether the catalytic converter is DPF or not!

The question is how?

I have an Avensis D4d registered in December 2006 and have been going through the same issues trying to a) identify the engine and B) verify the oil to use.

I asked my local dealer and they use a 10W40 semi synthetic oil for servicing oil changes. They told me that I had not got the DCAT which I think means a 2AD-FHV engine (using a DPNR catalytic converter?) but that appears to leave the options of a 1AD-FTV (with DPF catalytic converter or some other undefined option?

The Oil recommended in the manual is 5W-30 with the options listed as either a) except 1AD-FTV engine with DPF catalytic converter or 1AD-FTV engine with catalytic converter so the key thing seems to be to identify if the engine is or is not an 1AD-FTV engine and whether the catalytic converter is DPF or not!

The question is how?

• 5 years later...

In the manual it says that both engines with and without DPF can have ACEA B1 so that's what I'm going with. Regulations for compulsory DPF filters started in September 2009, but unsure whether Toyota started fitting them before this time.

I believe that all T27 Avensis diesels have DPF. Before that T25s with D-CAT engines have DPFs.

If it has a DPF you need to use low-ash C2 rated oil.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links