Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gearbox Noise

panglossian

I own a 2004 1.8 Avensis Tourer, which I have had since new. It has done approximately 75,000 miles and has a full Toyota Service history. The car has now developed an uncharacteristic grating sound, which my local Toyota dealer tells me is a failing gearbox. They have quoted me £1,200 to fit a reconditioned box.

I'm very disappointed at this news. Up until this problem the car had worked flawlessly, justifying my decision to go for a Toyota in the first place. But now, having done below average mileage, I'm now faced with the propsect of a colossal and totally unexpected bill.

Does anybody else have any experience of this problem? What are my chances of getting Toyota to cover some/all of the cost of a replacement gearbox?

I own a 2004 1.8 Avensis Tourer, which I have had since new. It has done approximately 75,000 miles and has a full Toyota Service history. The car has now developed an uncharacteristic grating sound, which my local Toyota dealer tells me is a failing gearbox. They have quoted me £1,200 to fit a reconditioned box.

I'm very disappointed at this news. Up until this problem the car had worked flawlessly, justifying my decision to go for a Toyota in the first place. But now, having done below average mileage, I'm now faced with the propsect of a colossal and totally unexpected bill.

Does anybody else have any experience of this problem? What are my chances of getting Toyota to cover some/all of the cost of a replacement gearbox?

poss none mate but you could give it a go and phon customer services.....

failing that eBay or scrappys mate.....the box only takes a few hours to take out and put back in.....

why not try one of the local gearbox o/haul centres im sure you will save mega bucks that way??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links