Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mp3 / Iphone / Ipod ( Again )

rawly

Sorry if its been covered but i'm looking for a definate answer on this . I will be soon getting an Avensis T180 2008 model and want to get a kit to use either 3.5mm aux socket or iphone/ipod connection . I'm told the car has the flip screen Sat Nav System and CD Changer fitted .

Ive spoken to a few places i found doing a search but they all said they don't offer a kit because of the Sat Nav . I'm sure some one must have sorted this as i know there are other Toyotas that have the same set up . I dont want to use a FM transmitter .

So has anyone done it and where did you get the leads ?Sorry i don't know the radio model number .

Thanks

Paul

ive tried the following

Dynamic - 0207 2526061

in car express - 01223 750700

Just found this

My link

i know it states this Please note: This interface is not compatible with the standard Toyota Navigation unit.

but does that mean it will just not show on the screen ?? in which case it would still play the music from the MP3 / i pod

Paul

Just found this

My link

i know it states this Please note: This interface is not compatible with the standard Toyota Navigation unit.

but does that mean it will just not show on the screen ?? in which case it would still play the music from the MP3 / i pod

Paul

If the car is a 2008 model, then I'm pretty sure Toyota offers an OEM kit for the sat nav unit. Just PM the user "Parts King" together with the VIN number of the car, and he can figure out if there are any kits that fit. It's worth a try.

You should also ask about these kind of kits at the Avensis forum. There might be someone there with experience about different kits.

Just found this

My link

Paul

If the car is a 2008 model, then I'm pretty sure Toyota offers an OEM kit for the sat nav unit. Just PM the user "Parts King" together with the VIN number of the car, and he can figure out if there are any kits that fit. It's worth a try.

You should also ask about these kind of kits at the Avensis forum. There might be someone there with experience about different kits.

Thanks for the reply , will contact Parts King when i get the car , ive found another option from a company called Grom , had an e-mail from UK dealer ( Grom in US ) who said it will work in my car . Ive also looked on Lexus site and quite a few had good things to say about Grom .

Paul

• 3 years later...

I am very interest in this post as I have a 2008 T180 D-cat with the B9010 navigation/cd/radio unit. Now that the open and closing mechanism in the unit has stopped working I keen to buy and install a compatable interface so that I can use my Sony Walkman. Is the interface discussed the one for me? Also can you please advise if the open and closing mechanism on my unit is easily fixed?

I spoke to Parts King, really nice guy. Parts King advised that Toyota don't provide a Mp3 interface for my head unit. However, they do sell one for an ipod. Unfortunately that doesn't help me as I have a Sony Walkman. I'm hoping the solution to my problem lies in one of the aftermarket products discussed on here. The only confusing thing is no one can seem to agree on what aftermarket product to go for, they all seem to have their own favourite, and the variations in head units doesn't help either. Looks like I'll need to research each product that fits my head unit so that I can make an informed decison.

Paul can you please provide me with the product details for the interface Grom claimed was compatable. Thanks

You may not get an answer from the original poster, as he hasn't been on-line on this forum since 2012.

I've taken the plunge and ordered the (expensive) grom interface with optional cable for charging usb devices. Including delivery it cost me an eye watering £190. At that price it better work LOL. I'll let you know how I get on.

:eek:

Good luck! Would have been cheaper to buy an ipod :lol:

Possibly. I'm just not that big a fan of iphones/ipods

• 1 month later...

Thought I would update you all about my experience with the Grom unit. I spoke to the UK sales department of Grom before buying the USB interface that they recommended (usb2p with aux cable). Delivery was fairly quick and the install easy (took about 45mins). Unfortunately that's when everything went wrong. Turns out their product isnt compatible with my head unit. Couldn't read usb storage devices and mp3 players with the exception of my sony walkman. Unfortunately it decided when it would play some songs from my walkman, not recognising the majority of them. I had no control over what songs could be played other then skip from one to another. Another annoying thing was it altered the head units setting which resulted in the sat nav display staying on all the time...Even when I selected the cd or radio the cd/radio display would only come on for a few secs before the sat nav display came on again. This was really annoying because (before the install) the cd/radio display used to stay on until something else was selected. Long story cut short stay away from Grom and get toyotas own kit for ipod

Thought I would update you all about my experience with the Grom unit. I spoke to the UK sales department of Grom before buying the USB interface that they recommended (usb2p with aux cable). Delivery was fairly quick and the install easy (took about 45mins). Unfortunately that's when everything went wrong. Turns out their product isnt compatible with my head unit. Couldn't read usb storage devices and mp3 players with the exception of my sony walkman. Unfortunately it decided when it would play some songs from my walkman, not recognising the majority of them. I had no control over what songs could be played other then skip from one to another. Another annoying thing was it altered the head units setting so that the sat nav display kept coming on...Even when you select the cd or radio the cd/radio display would only come on for a few secs before the sat nav display came on again. This was really annoying because (before the install) he cd/radio display used to stay on until something was selected. Long story cut short stay away from Grom and get toyotas own kit for ipod