Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Servicing Xreg Avensis

georgepg

I am not that mechanicly minded so i put my 1.8 avensis in for its ten yr service at my local garage as an after thought i asked them to check my front brake pads full service £120 not bad, break pads £60 why are brake pads so dear :ffs: for the avensis, or is it the local garage charging its own price list, i though the service didnt seem over expensive to me, i had a old 306 once and instead of getting parts from a peugeot dealer i went to a citreon dealer and got the same parts for 20% less i think in future i will shop around for the parts and ask my local garage to fit them, and ask them only to garantee the work and not the part what do you think

You don't say what type of service you got for so little money - minor - major or whatever.

Also does the price for the pads include fitting???:)

yep it includes the pads fittting, it was a full service. plugs, oil, filters,raidiator,joints check for wear and tear,break fluids changed, gearbox oil checked, bulbs, tyres checked back shoes checked, shockers, the works, thats why i can't under stand the price of the pads they seem to differ in price where ever you go, its the same with other stuff, wipers, tyres, there seams to be no set price for parts, perhaps we should run a poll on who payed the dearest and the cheapest for parts of good quality, and where abouts they where purchased :toast:

yep it includes the pads fittting, it was a full service. plugs, oil, filters,raidiator,joints check for wear and tear,break fluids changed, gearbox oil checked, bulbs, tyres checked back shoes checked, shockers, the works, thats why i can't under stand the price of the pads they seem to differ in price where ever you go, its the same with other stuff, wipers, tyres, there seams to be no set price for parts, perhaps we should run a poll on who payed the dearest and the cheapest for parts of good quality, and where abouts they where purchased :toast:

The fitted price does not seem so bad to me......they have to charge labour as well!!!!!

i would have thought the labour would have been priced in to the service charge and not on another bill. but not to worry the local garage i go to are reliable, friendly, and on the plus side only 5 mins away, by the way they said i need a new pump for back window jets any idea where it is located on the car, and is it straight forward to change

it myself :rolleyes:

i need a new pump for back window jets any idea where it is located on the car, and is it straight forward to change

I've not done one on an Avensis but it'll probably be a small plastic looking pump attatched to the screenwash bottle and is a simple pull off/push back on arrangement.

i need a new pump for back window jets any idea where it is located on the car, and is it straight forward to change

I've not done one on an Avensis but it'll probably be a small plastic looking pump attatched to the screenwash bottle and is a simple pull off/push back on arrangement.

cheers