Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sad day

flip

Just found out last night a very good freind passed away at the weekend.

The dreaded Cancer got hold of her a few years ago. She kept pulling back, but lost the battle in the end.

The !Removed! about it is she was only 37.

Must say we're all feeling a bit robbed. She was one of thoes that would be there, listen, never ***** any one of. An all round great pearson.

Don't want to get every one down. I'm acually quite philosophical about death. Its one of thoes things that is going to happen, its more the shock and getting used to the fact that your not going to see that someone again.

Any way, big thoughts going to Karen.

• 6 years later...

As sorry as we all are to hear someone's passed away from a terminal illness, this thread is from 2002.....

because it's from 2002 shouldn't distract from anyone who has suffered a loss due to cancer though em.

Not suggesting that Gaz.... but as posts go it's probably one of the oldest on here. Not saying its not a terrible loss, but why dig up a 7 year old thread just to post condolences?

I posted that my Grandmother died from cancer in 2006 and that is where it should be, laid to rest with all the other In Memoriam threads. Why haven't you dug that up and posted condolences on that? (No, I'm not suggesting you should!).

It's not me being heartless, I've suffered through loss, but my job is to keep the forum tidy and any thread dug up from 2002 would have gotten the same treatment, regardless of content.

:rolleyes: as Em says this thread is just a bit under seven years old!

Seriously it is a sad subject I don't deny that but dragging this up really isn't necessary.

On a lighter note, it occurred to me Em, when you said that it is your job to keep the forums tidy, that you probably have more trouble with we anarchic residents of "General" than all the rest put together :chair::flowers:

On a lighter note, it occurred to me Em, when you said that it is your job to keep the forums tidy, that you probably have more trouble with we anarchic residents of "General" than all the rest put together :chair::flowers:

:rolleyes: The whole of the Moderating Team is keeping an eye on you Victor...............anarchist :P ;) :lol:

:rolleyes: The whole of the Moderating Team is keeping an eye on you Victor...............anarchist :P ;) :lol:

:eek::fear::bag: :lol2: ( Read "Anarchist" as "AntiChrist" @ 1st glance :lol: )

:eek::fear::bag: :lol2: ( Read "Anarchist" as "AntiChrist" @ 1st glance :lol: )

If the cap fits.....

It's bad enough the poor threads been resurrected, lets not hijack it as well.... :rolleyes:

It's bad enough the poor threads been resurrected, lets not hijack it as well.... :rolleyes:

Exactly what I was talking about when I replied to your previous post, Em :lol:

Death is a wake up call to us all :blink:

I mean, death is not an exclusive club, we all join eventually :yes: I suppose my membership is a bit closer than some......unless you get struck by lightning, in which case you will beat me to it :P

What I'm saying is, if we dwell on the subject and take it seriously then life becomes as depressing as the economy.

Flippancy without being disrespectful has always been my philosophy ;)

Death is a wake up call to us all :blink:

I mean, death is not an exclusive club, we all join eventually :yes: I suppose my membership is a bit closer than some......unless you get struck by lightning, in which case you will beat me to it :P

What I'm saying is, if we dwell on the subject and take it seriously then life becomes as depressing as the economy.

Flippancy without being disrespectful has always been my philosophy ;)

Totally Agree, Les :thumbsup: We are all standing in the queue for the graveyard & none of us know how near the top of the queue we are. We might as well laugh & listen to the music while we wait.

I remarked to a friend a few days ago that I know more people in the Graveyard than I do on the Street. If they managed it, so can I.

When I want to depress people I will say to them that somewhere there is a tree growing & it WILL be cut down to make my coffin. Even if I find it & kill it, they will use another, so, why worry. I hope my tree is still where it should be :bye:

As an after thought, I sincerely hope that Flip, the original poster, isn't reading this & thinking we are disrespectful. We are not & offer our belated condolences. Hope you have gotten used to the pain of your loss

I doubt he would care Bizarra about us on here

I doubt he would care Bizarra about us on here

In which case I think we can finally lay the topic to rest.