Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

O2 Sensor Cleaning...

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

HI...

RE: my 2001 51 avensis hatch 1.8vvti SR mileage 86500k

I had a problem with my car re.the o2 sensors since the day i purchased my car 8 months ago,the engine light came on on the drive home,had it diagnostic checked back then,found code "P 0155 02 SENSOR HEATER CIRCUIT (B2-S1)",since then i have just been taking out the EFI fuse to cancel the light as i dont really want to spend any more on the car as i definitley want to sell it in January when my insurance runs out.

My questions are:

a)"P 0155 02 SENSOR HEATER CIRCUIT (B2-S1)"...what does this mean? and which sensor is it exactly?(drivers side/passenger side?)

b)can i remove both sensors and just clean them? My diy mechanic(self taught)neighbour recons he does it all the time but hasn't done it on an avensis before, so yesterday he sprayed loads of wd40 on the drivers side one but couldnt get it to budge and didnt want to force it incase it broke. But he said if i can get them off (after applying wd40 everyday)he will use a high pressured compressor to blow all the carbon off them and it should fix the problem. what do you guys think? Risk it or leave it?

My fuel has gone down since yesterday for some reason,i filled £50 2 weeks ago...done 60 miles exact...and today i've got exactly half a tank (according to the trip computer it states im getting 16.5 mpg!!!) Its not smelling of fuel at all though. I dont know what to do anymore, this cars been a nightmare, would anyone even want to buy it come selling time? Its in excellent condition,really clean and sporty in silver, but wow what a pain it is lol!

I saw something on here yesterday sorry can't remember exactly where about soaking o2 sensors in something.how effective it is i don't know.

The O2 sensors meter the fuel that goes in the engine and when they expire the ECU will dump copious amouts of fuel into the cylinders, knackering your cat amongst other things, you can't clean them and a DIY mechanic who does wouldn't get near my car in a million years!!!

If you are lucky you could replace them now and save the engine but at 16 to the gallon you are probably going to finish it off very quickly.

There are companies that sell reasonably priced sensors and you won't have to pay silly money.

All I can advise is that you get it sorted sooner rather than later.

Les

THANK YOU For all your advice guys...im on the hunt for a new sensor now...considering brand new or a 2nd hand hand one since i'll be selling the car by jan 2011...what do you think? Also nobody's mentioned which sensor i need to replace ie what that diagnostic reading meant(P 0155 02 SENSOR HEATER CIRCUIT (B2-S1))...?????? Please help if theres any experts out there...much appreciated!

Sammy

HI...

RE: my 2001 51 avensis hatch 1.8vvti SR mileage 86500k

I had a problem with my car re.the o2 sensors since the day i purchased my car 8 months ago,the engine light came on on the drive home,had it diagnostic checked back then,found code "P 0155 02 SENSOR HEATER CIRCUIT (B2-S1)",since then i have just been taking out the EFI fuse to cancel the light as i dont really want to spend any more on the car as i definitley want to sell it in January when my insurance runs out.

My questions are:

a)"P 0155 02 SENSOR HEATER CIRCUIT (B2-S1)"...what does this mean? and which sensor is it exactly?(drivers side/passenger side?)

b)can i remove both sensors and just clean them? My diy mechanic(self taught)neighbour recons he does it all the time but hasn't done it on an avensis before, so yesterday he sprayed loads of wd40 on the drivers side one but couldnt get it to budge and didnt want to force it incase it broke. But he said if i can get them off (after applying wd40 everyday)he will use a high pressured compressor to blow all the carbon off them and it should fix the problem. what do you guys think? Risk it or leave it?

My fuel has gone down since yesterday for some reason,i filled £50 2 weeks ago...done 60 miles exact...and today i've got exactly half a tank (according to the trip computer it states im getting 16.5 mpg!!!) Its not smelling of fuel at all though. I dont know what to do anymore, this cars been a nightmare, would anyone even want to buy it come selling time? Its in excellent condition,really clean and sporty in silver, but wow what a pain it is lol!

you can`t clean an o2 sensor,any cleaning agent will damage zirconium crystal. if your is bad you`d better get new one

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links