Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Estima Warning Light

arsonfire

Hi All,

I'm a newbie on this site so please bear with me.

I have a Toyota Estima auto 2.2 TD. Yesterday I got an orange warning light that popped up and I haven't a clue what it's for. It is immediately to the right of the red 'door open' warning light and it looks kind of like the shape of the vehicle with two lights shining backwards.

I've checked all of the lights and they seem to be working OK and the engine is running fine. This light only comes on when I put it into gear i.e. switch on the ignition and the car runs fine, no warning lights etc, but as soon as I put it into reverse, on pops this orange light.

Any Ideas?

Cheers - Colin

:help: also have the same problem. Have you had any joy at solving it?

No I'm afraid not, I'm going to try and get my vehicle to a local garage soon, if I find out what the problem is I will let you know.

Cheers - Colin :wacko::eek:

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get an English translated owners manual and according to that, the light you are seeing means one of your bulbs isn't working. Might be worth giving them another check!

This is odd because I have a SuperCustom Hiace and I have adjustable suspension i notice when i toggle the switch this light comes on, why??

Maybe the suspension indicator bulb has blown ;)

Frustrating aint it.

Try checking all your lamps it may be that one of them is not working particularly the number plate lights.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

:) hi iam new member and i had the same problem i read the answers and it is definetly the rear bulb, the lights worked but when i took them out i found that the stop,tail light burn,t but the elements had not spilt ,changed the bulb and everthing is fine now thanks

• 3 months later...
Hi All,

I'm a newbie on this site so please bear with me.

I have a Toyota Estima auto 2.2 TD. Yesterday I got an orange warning light that popped up and I haven't a clue what it's for. It is immediately to the right of the red 'door open' warning light and it looks kind of like the shape of the vehicle with two lights shining backwards.

I've checked all of the lights and they seem to be working OK and the engine is running fine. This light only comes on when I put it into gear i.e. switch on the ignition and the car runs fine, no warning lights etc, but as soon as I put it into reverse, on pops this orange light.

Any Ideas?

Cheers - Colin

hi it means one of the bulbs have blown at the rear

• 3 weeks later...

Each rear light assembly have two screws to the body. remove those and slowly pull the light assy. You'll find two bulbs (signal and stop), slightly rotate the bulb housing to release from assy. to remove the bulb from housing, slightly push the bulb and slightly rotate . Good luck

• 4 years later...
  • 4 years later...

Hi everyone i'm actually new here and I am from Philippines. I have Toyota Estima Lucida Model 1995 and originally it is Right hand drive since it came from japan, but since we bought it 7 years ago it was converted to Left Hand Drive. Most of our problem before was the over heating, but since i found out that the cause of over heating was the air packet my mechanic fixed it and I never had experiencing over heating anymore. But now i'm having Problem with the Check Engine Warning Lights. Every time it lit the sound of the engine change like a truck or a vehicle with a hole in its muffler.

My mechanic confirmed one thing that cause the Engine Check Warning Lights. There is a defective coil that connects to the injection pump that caused it to lit the Engine Check warning light. Apparently since I thought or we thought changing that coil could solve the problem was not the only reason that cause or trigger the Check Engine. The Engine Check Warning Light doesn't light sometimes but the sound of the engine just suddenly changed itself especially when I'm driving to climb a hill or sometimes in a straight level road (sorry for my english but hope you get the picture LOL). The only thing I do to make it stop is to reset the Battery for a few minutes, but the annoying thing was sometimes there's no joy and i have to drive my van till I got home then I have to disconnect the Battery. I only reconnect it when I have drive my van.

One thing I should mention is that I never used computer to diagnose my Toyota Estima Lucida. I tried to go to Toyota service centers but they rejected my van for any computer check-up since because it was converted. They explained that even though the wheels and the pedals along with some mechanical parts was arranged to a different positions, There are posibilities that wiring had been changed or extended... meaning it could cause some conflict reading the data in the computer. So everything that me and my mechanic have to try is to solve a puzzle without using computer diagnose.

Please I wanted to thank you in advance to anyone who at least give me something to solve my problem.

I hope I am in a right forum :)

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone i'm actually new here and I am from Philippines. I have Toyota Estima Lucida Model 1995 and originally it is Right hand drive since it came from japan, but since we bought it 7 years ago it was converted to Left Hand Drive. Most of our problem before was the over heating, but since i found out that the cause of over heating was the air packet my mechanic fixed it and I never had experiencing over heating anymore. But now i'm having Problem with the Check Engine Warning Lights. Every time it lit the sound of the engine change like a truck or a vehicle with a hole in its muffler.

My mechanic confirmed one thing that cause the Engine Check Warning Lights. There is a defective coil that connects to the injection pump that caused it to lit the Engine Check warning light. Apparently since I thought or we thought changing that coil could solve the problem was not the only reason that cause or trigger the Check Engine. The Engine Check Warning Light doesn't light sometimes but the sound of the engine just suddenly changed itself especially when I'm driving to climb a hill or sometimes in a straight level road (sorry for my english but hope you get the picture LOL). The only thing I do to make it stop is to reset the battery for a few minutes, but the annoying thing was sometimes there's no joy and i have to drive my van till I got home then I have to disconnect the battery. I only reconnect it when I have drive my van.

One thing I should mention is that I never used computer to diagnose my Toyota Estima Lucida. I tried to go to Toyota service centers but they rejected my van for any computer check-up since because it was converted. They explained that even though the wheels and the pedals along with some mechanical parts was arranged to a different positions, There are posibilities that wiring had been changed or extended... meaning it could cause some conflict reading the data in the computer. So everything that me and my mechanic have to try is to solve a puzzle without using computer diagnose.

Please I wanted to thank you in advance to anyone who at least give me something to solve my problem.

I hope I am in a right forum :)

I have just had the same problem,same model and year. Any fix?

• 5 years later...

Hi I have a toyota estima eras japan import and abs light comes on sometimes what can it be 

• 5 months later...
On 7/6/2004 at 8:36 AM, dannygr27 said:

On 7/6/2004 at 8:36 AM, dannygr27 said:

I have the same problem. It's the 4x4 light turn on and won't turn off even after reading the 4x4 button. I asked a couple of mechanic but they have no idea. Any one knows??

• 5 months later...

Hi I've recently bought a 2012 toyota estima. There is a light on the dash constantly. Its a triangle with a explanation mark and orange in colour. Any idea? 

1 minute ago, Puddlesrob said:

puddlesrob@hotmail.com Hi I've recently bought a 2012 toyota estima. There is a light on the dash constantly. Its a triangle with a explanation mark and orange in colour. Any idea? 

Screenshot_20220201_103608_com.whatsapp.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links