Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Recall

taximan1256

Just heard about recall for 270.000 vehicles with engine problems and hoped that Toyota may have recognised the ongoing head gasket issues with the 2.2 d4d alas this is not the case my hopes were shot down in flames. I wrote to the chairman of Toyota gb Mr N Taniguchi regarding my own (now useless) vehicle but as yet I have had no reply but I'm still trying to get the issue resovled.

Hi, i thought the new recalls was aimed at the lexus range and concerned with the valve spring issues and not the toyota range correct me if i have been misinformed.

Just the big engined Lexus are to be recalled the 350 up over , and the recall is about faulty valve springs and problems with tickover , The avensis I used to own was plaqued with poor tickover and stalled fairly often , Mr T didnt sem to know what to do about it but I had a sneaky feeling they did know ! and now its been proved .Wish these people would tell the truth occassionally helpsmilie.gif

Just the big engined Lexus are to be recalled the 350 up over , and the recall is about faulty valve springs and problems with tickover , The avensis I used to own was plaqued with poor tickover and stalled fairly often , Mr T didnt sem to know what to do about it but I had a sneaky feeling they did know ! and now its been proved .Wish these people would tell the truth occassionally helpsmilie.gif

Are you saying it was the same issue with your Avensis? If so I'm impressed! I didn't know they but the 3.5L V6/4.6L V8 in the Avensis. I'd have had one of them if I'd known about it! :)

If you didn't have one of those engines then it's completely unrelated