Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Warranty Surprise

SMW

So . . Noticed this morning that my n/s headlight has gone :censor:

Stop off at petrol station on way to work and buy correct bulb.

Try to fit said bulb on forecourt - nightmare because it's n/s which means that the Battery / fuse box are really in the way and you can't see which way to put the bulb in. On top of this there is a nasty little clip to hold the bulb in place once it's fitted and again it was giving me problems.

20 minutes later no luck so gave up.

Called in local Toyota dealer after work and told him the story. Bit embarrassed really (doh! Can’t fit a bulb).

Mr T:

''No problem Sir - we'll fit a Toyota Halogen for you''

And then the big surprise . . .

''No charge . . it's a WARRANTY item''

WTF . . not complaining though :thumbsup:

how olds the car?

when i bought my Yaris Tsport i was told everything was covered for 3 years, except tyres & wipers.

And so far the only thing i have had to pay out for has been tyres & wipers.

Surinder..

Yeah it will be 3 years old in May this year.

Not questioning that the car is under warranty I'm just really surprised that something like a bulb would be covered.

BTW - £18 for the bulb + min 30 min labour if I had to pay (or so he said).

£18 for the bulb

is it made of gold (no pun intended)????? :eek:

what is so special about it to be £18??eeee

anyway good for you. on both our toyo's it is easier to remove the Battery clamp and slightly move the Battery to change a nearside bulb. pain.

rickers

I wouldn't have thought a bulb would be covered..just like breake pads arn't covered, as well as many other "consumables"

and yeah £18 quid plus 1/2 hours labour...that's like £50 to have a bulb changed...takes the pi%%

Vipes

Hmmmmm my dealer is expensive. I try to avoid normally. Got a quote for an oil and filter change once - £87 :eek:

Lets see 15 minutes work = £20

Filter, plug = £6

oil = £24

So thats about £50 all in, top prices - with everyone making a nice profit thank you.

So whats the other £37 for ? Who knows ! !

Was the £87 for a level 1 service which basically just does the oil and filter? If so then they also top up all fluids, lubricate all hinges and locks and do a few other little things - still expensive though.

If you goto a dealer for servicing you should always haggle, if you can find out what day they are least busy that way you can usually get a good saving on the labour cost as it is better for them to have a car in making £20 profit than have a technician sat round drinking tea and eating biscuits.

When I had my Primera I managed to get there level 3 service down to £105 from £160 (this is there top service which did allsorts including better oil than there standard).

Eitherway, you can always try asking when there not busy, it can save quite a bit.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links