Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Key Programming

nwc100

Hi all, so I've got my car back from the garage. All the welding work is done and a fresh 12 months MOT. £600 all together which is pretty good really. 

So I've gone and bought another used remote receiver control unit (white box) for £10 which is a steal. Seller was selling it for £15 originally. I made 2 offers but didn't get any response. Then yjry put it on for £10 so I snatched it. It should be coming this week. I'll fit it and try Flash22's methods again and see if I get any response. I haven't has time to check wiring yet with work and University taking all my time at the moment. I'll update when I have more information 

• Like 3

Thanks for letting us know. Good luck!!

I bought this Eur5 garage door remote duplicator from China. was surprised to see it's able to clone my yaris mk3 original valeo toyota remote lock, but it doesn't remain working long - most likely due to rolling code.  on the duplicator key manual it says for rolling code remote duplication, after cloning remote, I should also clone with the receiver so it stays working for long. Am not sure whether this can be done within the car. Found some weird guides online on getting the car into programming mode, with opening and closing door and turning keys etc. 

I'm genuinely surprised to see the duplicator work, especially dirt cheap Chinese one with the toyota remote, as described prob is it only works for a very brief while

image.thumb.png.f833817fa3fb37dae5627ac79318343b.pngimage.thumb.png.09836748fec2d3f7ebd23913aaacb199.png

Hi all, 

So update. I finally got around to fitting the new receiver box. Tested the instructions that was posed very kindly by Flash22 and....... nothing still. No response from the car whatsoever. But interestingly I noticed some wires at the right lower side near the A pillar looks like they have some electric tape around them. Now I am beginning to suspect perhaps someone has previously been messing around with the wires back there. I'll grab a picture of what I mean. See if it looks normal to you guys who know more about this than I do. 

Pete

• Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 9:22 PM, funky2nite said:

I bought this Eur5 garage door remote duplicator from China. was surprised to see it's able to clone my yaris mk3 original valeo toyota remote lock, but it doesn't remain working long - most likely due to rolling code.  on the duplicator key manual it says for rolling code remote duplication, after cloning remote, I should also clone with the receiver so it stays working for long. Am not sure whether this can be done within the car. Found some weird guides online on getting the car into programming mode, with opening and closing door and turning keys etc. 

I'm genuinely surprised to see the duplicator work, especially dirt cheap Chinese one with the toyota remote, as described prob is it only works for a very brief while

image.thumb.png.f833817fa3fb37dae5627ac79318343b.pngimage.thumb.png.09836748fec2d3f7ebd23913aaacb199.png

Oh really? This is interesting. Could you possibly provide a link to it? Wonder if it'll clone a Yaris mk1 remote? Mind you, my problem seems to be the car can't detect any remote fobs so I don't think this will help. I don't know. I'm slowly but surely giving up on the idea of remote locking. 

Ah, maybe someone fitted an alarm

did you check that RDA and PRG voltage ?

10 hours ago, flash22 said:

Ah, maybe someone fitted an alarm

did you check that RDA and PRG voltage ?

I'm not sure. I can't see any indication of an alarm system. I definitely suspect someone before me has been fiddling around with the wiring behind the dashboard. 

I haven't as yet but I'm planning on spending tomorrow afternoon to look at it. Sorry it has taken so long. 

Flash, is a 3rd party remote central locking system easy to fit in a Mk1 Yaris? 

The wiring looks stock

Yes, plenty of Chinese junk on the market

For the price, throw a door module at it

edit. Thinking about it logically, it's either the fobs or the door module

On 10/30/2023 at 1:04 PM, ShiftedReality1990 said:

Oh really? This is interesting. Could you possibly provide a link to it? Wonder if it'll clone a Yaris mk1 remote? Mind you, my problem seems to be the car can't detect any remote fobs so I don't think this will help. I don't know. I'm slowly but surely giving up on the idea of remote locking. 

https://www.joom.com/products/63905269be530f01a3c81868?utm_campaign=5f3d305ddc83c73501f09ca5&utm_deeplink=firebase&utm_source=sharing 

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I'm back from a few months away. Been super busy with literally everything in general. My apologies for not updating with anything new. 

So I've completely given up with the remote locking. Never got it to work so I'm not bothered now. I'll keep using the key manually as I have been. Nevermind. 

There is something I'd like to ask you fine people though, I've noticed my red temperature light on the dash has gone off completely. Won't turn on when I insert the key into the ignition. So I did some research, turns out the bulb has blown. Anyway, I've taken a picture of the bulb holders and noticed some are missing. I'd like to know what bulbs they are and if I can get hold of some holders too. I'll attach some pictures. 

Any further help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks 

Pete

IMG_20231218_135808.jpg

IMG_20231218_135756.jpg

Perhaps you can shine a torch thru the hole to see what lights up? Maybe for indicators for equipment not fitted?

7 minutes ago, jthspace said:

Perhaps you can shine a torch thru the hole to see what lights up? Maybe for indicators for equipment not fitted?

I should have mentioned this. I did. I was able to shine my phone torch through the holes. The cluster showed the blue temperature indicator (missing) which I have no idea what bulb or socket it uses as it looks smaller than the others, and just above it is the red temperature indicator which has the bulb blown that was working this morning l. On the other side, it's the door open indicator (missing) and I believe it's an indicator for a glow plugs (Diesel) but I have a petrol engine so I don't need that. 

I'd just like to know what bulb fitments I need for the temperature indicators and the door open indicator. I am a bit suspicious as to why some have been missing. This is the 1st time I've been back there since I have owned the car. 

16 hours ago, jthspace said:

Think these are what you want.  Compare with whats fitted but they do quote a Toyota part number.

Dash bulb holders Classic Car Parts

Same company on eBay

eBay seller, 5 holders

Selection of T5 bulb sellers / colour

Thank a so much for this. I've bought some and they are on the way. I'll update when they arrive and I fit them. Do you happen to know what the smaller sizes are? 

• Like 1

Regretfully not, it was just a Google search, i've no personal experience with these.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jthspace said:

Regretfully not, it was just a Google search, i've no personal experience with these.

Ahh I see. Not to worry. I appreciate your help though regardless.

I can always pop to my local Mr T if I need to. Or my local scrappy. I wouldn't trust Halfrauds to find them for me. They can't even inform me what correct oil type I need.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links