Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Avensis

qubec

I can virtually guarantee your EGR Valve and especially the inlet manifold it sits on will need de-coking. Did mine recently & couldnt believe how blocked the three holes in the manilfold were. Easily a DIY proposition and took me 1 hr start to finishe taking it easy.

Of course, there could be other reasons but I believe the above will be one of the issues if not the main one.

I can virtually guarantee your EGR Valve and especially the inlet manifold it sits on will need de-coking. Did mine recently & couldnt believe how blocked the three holes in the manilfold were. Easily a DIY proposition and took me 1 hr start to finishe taking it easy.

Of course, there could be other reasons but I believe the above will be one of the issues if not the main one.

thank`s for your advice tubaman, ill give that a try.terry

Took my t180 to mr T 7 months ago because i was getting the odd big cloud of somke was told the car needed a new egr valve and de-coke. After the work was carried out i noticed how much more responisve the car was and no smoke. Luckly i had a extended warranty so all work was carried out free of charge.

hi my toyota avensis has started being very sluggish from a standing start. any idea`s ?

hello mate

yes it seemed to be a contra exhaust pressure from an EGR valve + you did not state total milage gone -- may be your injctors are about to be tested. Be sure you ve checked with turbo vanes drive flexibility.

Cheers/Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links