Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Drivers Seat Design (Avensis T180)

Pat2u

Not a problem as much as an annoyance. Got a 57 plate T180 tourer and after about 8/12 months of ownership we have had an annoying scuffing sound the noise is apparant when the seat backrest left hand side meets the center rear middle handrest "highest point" when moving the drivers seat either forward/backwards, Has any other owners of the T180 noticed this noise ?

My vehicle has just been in for a problem to the electric seat drives "solved" and we was told the seat has no adjustments to move the seat away from the middle armrest towards the drivers door, my concerns are this could cause wear to the seats side backrest area as time passes.

Any input gratefully recieved.thumbsup.gif

Not a problem as much as an annoyance. Got a 57 plate T180 tourer and after about 8/12 months of ownership we have had an annoying scuffing sound the noise is apparant when the seat backrest left hand side meets the center rear middle handrest "highest point" when moving the drivers seat either forward/backwards, Has any other owners of the T180 noticed this noise ?

My vehicle has just been in for a problem to the electric seat drives "solved" and we was told the seat has no adjustments to move the seat away from the middle armrest towards the drivers door, my concerns are this could cause wear to the seats side backrest area as time passes.

Hi Pat, I can't solve the seat problem but could you apply some type of silicon lubricant or use one of those wipes made by Armarol for dashboards etc, this should stop the wear problem.

I used to apply Armarol spray to cables that ran over rollers on forklift trucks to reduce friction wear and it worked a treat, just an idea that may work for you. I still use it on my cars dashboard and door seals to keep them supple. Just remember to keep it off the steering wheel as it will become very slippy and dangerous, hence this is how it will work on your seat/console to solve the rubbing.

Best regards Pete.;)

Hi Pat, I can't solve the seat problem but could you apply some type of silicon lubricant or use one of those wipes made by Armarol for dashboards etc, this should stop the wear problem.

I used to apply Armarol spray to cables that ran over rollers on forklift trucks to reduce friction wear and it worked a treat, just an idea that may work for you. I still use it on my cars dashboard and door seals to keep them supple. Just remember to keep it off the steering wheel as it will become very slippy and dangerous, hence this is how it will work on your seat/console to solve the rubbing.

Best regards Pete.wink.gif

Hi Pete,

thanks for your input, i had thought of your idea but i was afraid of useing a spray for fear of staining our clothes, as a crutch.gif disabled driver therefore i am not the only driver "wife" and you must know how woman are about clothes, i could always try your idea without telling her. shutup.gif Thanks again.

I too get the problem but its more of an annoyance than a problem.

Any input gratefully recieved.:thumbsup:

Best regards Pete.wink.gif

Hi Pete,

thanks for your input, i had thought of your idea but i was afraid of useing a spray for fear of staining our clothes, as a crutch.gif disabled driver therefore i am not the only driver "wife" and you must know how woman are about clothes, i could always try your idea without telling her. shutup.gif Thanks again.

Hello again, I forgot to say you will need to polish it off after and it will leave no residue, just a very slippery shiny surface.:thumbsup:

Regards Pete.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links