Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prius Sat Nav

stompe

The system in my 2007 Prius is useless when it comes to inputting post codes. It does not let you put in the second part of the post code which defeats the object.

Is there an update available for it? The system on the Lexus that I bought in 2006 would not accept a full postcode, but I was able later to buy a new disc that did allow a full postcode.

The system on the Gen3 TSpirit looks pretty much identical to the updated version for the Lexus.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stompe

• Doesn'tExist

• Seamaster73

• Jan&tone

We have just bought a new Prius T Spirit to replace our Rover 75 Connoisseur SE. We have had a Garmin Nuvi660 for the past 3 years but the Battery is not now holding a charge and the socket for the ball fitting is breaking up. With the Garmin MapSource software is free and data can be transferred back and forth between the two. As all three (Nuvi, MapSource and the Toyota system) are all Navteq it shouldn't be beyond the wit of a clever techie to get Mapsource on a laptop to talk to the Prius via USB.

It is a particular problem for us because I have always had a leaning towards cartography but my eyesight is way too bad for driving, so for the last 48 years I have done the route planning and map reading and Christine has done the driving. Now that the satnav is fixed in the car and I cannot see it she has to do the whole thing.

Malcolm

Now that the satnav is fixed in the car and I cannot see it she has to do the whole thing.

Malcolm

Wow your eyes must be bad if you can't see the car :eek: :D

Who's been in the knife drawer again then. The satnav, my boy, the satnav.

Malcolm

Got a great idea here for Toyota - hope they're listening.

Right, everyone knows that the Toyota sat nav system is way over priced to purchase and then the updates cost an arm and a leg.

Ok, so why not include free updates everytime you have the car serviced at a Toyota dealer? Simple, yet effective in that it keeps the customer loyal to the main dealers. I know when I update my TomTom that it takes 30 seconds so a dealer update of the Toyota system shouldn't cause any problems.

I await my royalty cheque :thumbsup:

Hi Grumps

Very good idea but still don't address the problem its so out of date. I'm quite happy to pay for updates as long as there bang up to date, not two !Removed! years out of date, and still I've not had a reply about it from this link http://blog.toyota.co.uk/new-prius-everything-you-need-to-know . I've been with Toyota close on 35 years, will I buy Toyota again very doubtful. I would be very interested to see where Toyota come in the JD power survey. They have always been near the top, my guess is they will not be and I have still not mentioned the disgraceful decision on the warranties for us who bought the first Gen 3 Prius which has now come to a decision that stands that we do not get the extended warranties (see other thread). In my opinion a good car in principle spoilt by penny saving accountants.

Stompe

:angry:

Hi Grumps

Very good idea but still don't address the problem its so out of date. I'm quite happy to pay for updates as long as there bang up to date, not two !Removed! years out of date, and still I've not had a reply about it from this link http://blog.toyota.co.uk/new-prius-everything-you-need-to-know . I've been with Toyota close on 35 years, will I buy Toyota again very doubtful. I would be very interested to see where Toyota come in the JD power survey. They have always been near the top, my guess is they will not be and I have still not mentioned the disgraceful decision on the warranties for us who bought the first Gen 3 Prius which has now come to a decision that stands that we do not get the extended warranties (see other thread). In my opinion a good car in principle spoilt by penny saving accountants.

Stompe

How do you get to make an input to the J D Power survey?

Hi Grumps

Stompe

Hi Sagitar bit of a mystery that one, perhaps you have to subscribe to the site or register :thumbsup:

Hi Sagitar bit of a mystery that one, perhaps you have to subscribe to the site or register :thumbsup:

Thanks. I looked on their site before I asked the question and could see no guidance on the matter.

I wondered if they put out random invitations based upon registration information for particular years. It must be quite difficult to get a truly random sample that is big enough to guarantee statistical significance.

I think I'll have another nose-around on their site and see if they offer any explanation of their sampling method.

Hi guys,

I know I have been banging on about this satnav but if you follow this link I am asking you all with the Gen III satnav to please post you comments here. I think we are on a roll and if all of us stick together and pester them we might get something done. As you can see there is quite a few comments already about the satnav and probably a lot more on the warranty issue. I feel if we all get behind this campaign Toyota GB will have to do something.

thanking you in anticipation.

Stompe

:thumbsup:

BTW I am the one with the monkey avatar

Link http://blog.toyota.co.uk/new-prius-everything-you-need-to-know

Hi Grumps

Stompe

I think in the UK, the JD Power survey is run in conjunction with What Car. What Car do an big annual survey that has an awful lot in common with the JD Power one. Draw your own conclusions.

Auto Express also do a big annual survey that gets a lot of air time.

The system in my 2007 Prius is useless when it comes to inputting post codes. It does not let you put in the second part of the post code which defeats the object.

Is there an update available for it? The system on the Lexus that I bought in 2006 would not accept a full postcode, but I was able later to buy a new disc that did allow a full postcode.

The system on the Gen3 TSpirit looks pretty much identical to the updated version for the Lexus.

There is - I'm just loathe to fork out £99 for an update when I already have a lifetime update subscription on my Garmin.

I just feel that car manufacturers should build a link between portable devices and the screens in the car so that the option is there to display the handheld device map which often can have more add ons. I have a free utility that lists the locations of scores of chains such as Inns, Hotels etc and I could take up a subscription to a speed camera database (if I wanted) that can be downloaded onto my Garmin. It would add more choice to the consumer if they were made to do it.

• 3 years later...

I have a 2012 T-Spirit but when driving at night, you can hardly see the screen on the sat nav, dealer says that's how they are. Are they really that bad at night?

The screen does dim at night, this can be changed to remain bright " day mode " , to change this switch on your headlamps, press " setup" then "display" ( top right of screen ) then press "use day mode" now the nav screen will not dim when it gets dark/headlamps come on.

The screen does dim at night, this can be changed to remain bright " day mode " , to change this switch on your headlamps, press " setup" then "display" ( top right of screen ) then press "use day mode" now the nav screen will not dim when it gets dark/headlamps come on.

thank you