Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Meguiar's 1,2,3

MartinSS

I've had my 05 Avensis T3s for a few weeks now and after rumaging through these forums looking for tips on cleaning, polishing and waxing Idecided to go with Meguiar's products.

I'll put some pics in a bit, but first here's how I did it this afternoon.

#1 Hosed thoroughly with cold water.

#2 Washed with Auto Glym Body Work Shampoo Conditioner using a sponge cloth thing with bug remover mesh covering half of it.

#3 Hosed thoroughly with cold water and dried with a shammy.

#4 Applied Meguiar's No. 1 Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner (dries a bit too quick) using using a round pad and buffing with a mit (not very good these mits).

#5 Applied Meguiar's No. 2 Deep Crystal Polish (again it dried a bit too quick) using a round pad and buffing with Meguiar's Show Car Shine Ultimate Wipe (fantastic bit of kit).

#6 Applied Meguiar's No. 3 Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax using a 100% terry towel and buffing with the same Ultimate wipe.

#7 For the windows I used Turlte Wax's Ice Glass Cleaner and their microfibre Glass Cloth (good stuff).

With #5 above I learnt after #4 to apply to a smaller area which made the removal easier.

It took me almost four hours and now I know how the Karate Kid feels.

I think it's come out ok, but I'm not an expert. How does it look it all of you?

post-96377-128007538733_thumb.jpg

post-96377-128007535935_thumb.jpg

post-96377-12800753365_thumb.jpg

post-96377-12800753102_thumb.jpg

Looks good mate :thumbsup: .Only thing I would say is next time get some dressing for the tyres and the lower black trim but this is only something that catches my eye when I see a nice clean car and dirty tyres.

You will find that with practice and regular cleaning it takes little time to keep the car looking as good as this :)

Shiney shiney :thumbsup:

Number 4 after the hose down and before the shammy for me, would be to drive round to blow the water out of those annoying crevasses that leave a horrible smear just as your buffing off ;)

Shiney shiney :thumbsup:

Number 4 after the hose down and before the shammy for me, would be to drive round to blow the water out of those annoying crevasses that leave a horrible smear just as your buffing off ;)

Well done, MartinSS, looks good to me. I've been using AutoGlym SRP and EGP cos I've got that. I might try Megs when that runs out. I hate that drip you get from the door mirrors and also the water that accumulates in the reflectors on the back bumper. Even driving around doesn't shift it all. We've got hard water aswell so it dries almost white on a black car :(

Yes they do stand out a little. What would you recommend for the tyres and trim?

Autoglym instant tyre dressing is what I use.Just spray on and thats it.Lasts well and repels dirt and water well.

Using Autoglym products at the moment as they were on a good offer price last time I needed loads of cleaning gear to top up but,on the whole prefer Meguiars for quality,ease of use and finished results :thumbsup:

Nice work! Most time I ever spent was 8 hours doing everything on my dads car a couple years back.