Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bike Racks For Rear Of Toyota Iq

CiaranP

I bought a Saris RS in the end because I didn't want to take the risk using the Bones rack which Saris say isn't supported.

As good build quality as the original, even easier to put up and tear down. I've carried my 9kg road bike on a couple of 10-mile or so journeys so far (generally just drive to the start of a ride) and nothing has budged.

Happy chappy.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

19 May 2013 Posted this on a couple of threads, so that UK owners are aware.

I asked Mr T's Customer Service about fitting a Thule ""Towbar"" fitting to an IQ and was told there is no problem and does not affect the warranty.

(Thule towbar fitting is not to be used for towing but can be used for towball mounted bike racks only)

Rgds

See my post on the cycle carrier thread

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi all

I'm late to the party but I have a Toyota IQ and I want to transport my MTB plus my childs MTB,

I was thinking about the Saris Bones 2 bike rack which is within my price range, has anyone fitted this?

or is the more expensive Bones RS what I should be using? even though I don't need to carry 3 bikes.

Thanks all

Total max. weight on the hook is 50 - 55 kilograms.... and of course it's a nasty way to put weight on a hook (torque and leverage).

This is on my "Thule" hook... it depends on the model of your hook... read the instructions.... must be there...

Make and model of a bike-rack.... who cares... if it does the job and does not weigh to much it's OK...

I (we) have a folding bike-rack... very easy to put on the car... but rather heavy due to al the fancies...

I also have a folding bike....to put in the back... very very handy... and no need for a rack for a short simple city trip. Park here and cycle there....

On my hook there was a nasty "comb" welded... so it's not possible to pull... also not all bike-racks can fit (except Toyota ofcourse)... but that part is easily grinded away with a spinning-sand-disk- :-)

• 2 years later...
On 2-6-2014 at 9:26 AM, sweet-dentist said:

Total max. weight on the hook is 50 - 55 kilograms.... and of course it's a nasty way to put weight on a hook (torque and leverage).

This is on my "Thule" hook... it depends on the model of your hook... read the instructions.... must be there...

Make and model of a bike-rack.... who cares... if it does the job and does not weigh to much it's OK...

I (we) have a folding bike-rack... very easy to put on the car... but rather heavy due to al the fancies...

I also have a folding bike....to put in the back... very very handy... and no need for a rack for a short simple city trip. Park here and cycle there....

On my hook there was a nasty "comb" welded... so it's not possible to pull... also not all bike-racks can fit (except Toyota ofcourse)... but that part is easily grinded away with a spinning-sand-disk- :-)

IMG_20150608_112616_zpsf2shs49d.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links