Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Does Detailing The Exterior Remove Scratches?

godson

I have a Magnetic Gray 2011 Camry if i get the exterior detailed will it remove the light scratched that i have on it? or will it just hide it or cover it up from a far distance but it will still be visible from close up? and for how long will it last?

and a few more question sorry about all the stupid questions I'm just trying to get the facts straight. How much will it cost to touch up the paint on this type of car? I've read somewhere its only $250 then i recall reading a post of someone looking for quotes from body-shops to repaint his 2011 Camry and he said he was getting quotes from $750-$950 is this the type of quote for an entire paint job or for something like a simple touch up on a specific area?

here a picture of the car i got

http://images2.auction123.com/c59a7548-3bca-4442-b54f-2f5816869685/4T1BF3EK3AU006531/01.jpg

is this the type of paint job that can be done at any body shop or only at the dealer?

Get some good pictures of the scratches mate and we can make a better judgement.

However, if the paint is properly scratched/penetrated then no, polishing/detailing won't do it.

You may need to get the paint properly blended depending on where the repair is, so the price may go up if you want it to be done properly.

The rule on the matter is if you can feel the scratch with your finger nail then yes and no. There are ways about doing so:

1. As Kparris mentions take it to a garage to get it blended, this can cost, unsure with your self as your in the states I assume.

2. You could buy the paint pens, then rub down my wet sanding, use paint pen again, wet sand down until the scratch has been filled, then you can carry on to polish the wet sand marks out.

If the scratch is in the clear cote (laquer) then it will buff out with some good polish and a buffer.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

run it threw with you thumb nail if it catches then if needs to be repainted if it doesn't use some polishing or rubbing compound to remove it. You can get a paintpen and a scratch repair kit either at the toyota dealership or at pepboys.

It looks very long but not too deep, you may get away with buffing that out but do clean the area thoroughly with a clay bar and bodywork polish otherwise you will just add to the scratches.

If it still won't come out then you will have to get it blended... <_<

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links