Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing Broadband

rambler

hi everyone

very soon i will be changing from tiscali to BT for broadband.

when i set up tiscali ( years back now ) during the set up process, i had to temporarily link wireless router to computer AND to downstairs phone socket.

once the set up was complete,i could unplug the wires and put wireless router back downstairs where it sits happily to this day.

does anybody know if the same is needed for BT hub installation please? ....as its about 10 meters from computer upstairs to downstairs phone socket (only one in house)

i live out in the sticks,and tiscali is getting slower and slower :( ....and more expensive :angry:

any help would be appreaciated

rambler

Last I heard BT preferred to send an engineer to install BT hubs.... Could have changed by now though...

I have had none stop problems with the BT hub, the connection is amazing when it is kind enough to give it to you... <_<

I have had none stop problems with the BT hub, the connection is amazing when it is kind enough to give it to you... dry.gif

I had you down for Virgin... cool.gif

hi folks

well...in the the end ive decided to stay with tiscali,as have had no real troubles except slow speeds,but thats what you get living in quiet remote villages :D

and besides that it took at least 15mm mins of constant ringing to....even try, and failed to get through to BT the other night about it. :angry:

and rang tiscali to request a MAC code...they answered the call in less than 10 seconds,very helpful with it as well,english speaking and changed my tarif for me.. :)

result..... :yahoo:

Sounds like a bit of a result there then... Well done.

so a move of house to be closer to the antenna isn't on the cards?

You might want to bookmark this website

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/

Lots of very useful info about telephone exchanges and what they have been set up to do.

For the Great Bentley Exchange the Network Capacity link says...

Throughout December our network engineers have managed to complete all of the work we had planned to address the network performance problems some customers were seeing.

We've been monitoring the network closely and are now satisfied that service has been restored to normal levels. As such we are taking the decision to change Service Status back to 'Green'.

Full status messages are here http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=broadbandnetwo

Unless Tiscali have their own equipment at the local exchange they are just subcontracting bandwidth from BT anyway, so any issues with BT kit or wiring will have an effect on your broadband service.

Another useful site is Sam Knows (it's the one BT use when you phone them up) it tells you exchange features and who has their own kit in the exchange (LLU operator presence). Here is the Great Bentley info

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/EAGBT

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links