Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gear Box Oil

Roker

I had a full service on my Avensis, and I notice that the gear box oil was not checked. This is not on the service list. Is this not necessay? They did check off that they had checked the steering oil even though it is electric steering.

I had a full service on my Avensis, and I notice that the gear box oil was not checked. This is not on the service list. Is this not necessay? They did check off that they had checked the steering oil even though it is electric steering.

hi rocker

they should have markd steering lube N/A (not applicable)

very few cars services check gearbox oil levels these days,if there are no signs of leaks its assumed all is ok.

hi rocker

they should have markd steering lube N/A (not applicable)

very few cars services check gearbox oil levels these days,if there are no signs of leaks its assumed all is ok.

I bought my second hand avensis with 100,000 miles on the clock, when I put the car in reverse from cold, now and again it would grind the gears, also selecting second gear would grind occasionally, so I changed the gearbox oil.

Since then the gear changes are much smoother, and very rarely grinds when selecting reverse.

So the moral of my story is, whilst it may not be on the service list, its definately worth doing, especially as 2 litres of gear oil doesn't cost alot.

HTH

Alan