Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Sat Nav Cd Needed?

mattbest

Hi all,i hope someone can help me,i have just bought a yaris gls on a V plate that comes with a built in sat nav but there is no cd-rom,could somebody tell me what cd i could buy that would work,i was hoping to pick 1 up cheap off of eBay or somewhere.Much thanks to anyone that replies,Matt

thankyou,i was only getting 1 as when i ever sell the car it made the system complete,but thanks for getting back,Matt

Are you sure it has the sat nav fitted? All Yarises (apart from the GS) had the buttons labelled for the optional sat nav and had the radio screen that will display the instructions, but you actually need to buy an extra sat nav control unit to make the sat nav actually work.

I suspect that you've been confused by the labelled buttons on the dash, but they all have them...

Is there any indication that you do have the sat nav fitted apart from the button labels? Worth checking before you buy a disc andn then find it still doesn't work...

Hi,there is a magnetic toyota navigation system thing that sits in the window and a navigation system unit that is under the passenger set that looks a bit like a cd changer,im assuming they are all wired up as when i press 1 of the buttons on the radio unit it says please insert cd-rom,thanks Matt

Sounds like you are the lucky recipient of the one V plate Yaris that does actualy have this fitted...

Assuming its the standard unit that uses the built in Yaris radio & buttons in the dash, it is a TNS200.

They are available from Toyota's own web site at 119 euros, but it doesn't say recently they were updated....

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/

People are selling them on eBay at about £25-£35.

If you google TNS200 you may find somewhere that will let you download the disc image....

As stated above, there's are real risk that this old unit won't have had any map updates for a long time, so any disc may well be out of day and you may be better spending £70 on a Tomtom, but if you could get it working at little cost, it might be a nice touch when you sell the car...

These are also discussed on other forums (like the Avensis one) on this site as other models had the TNS200 fitted... Again, a Google seach found the other threads...

Thanks for getting back and yes you were right,i do already have a tomtom i just wanted to complete the unit from a selling point of view,cheers Matt

I gave up on my TNS200 because the map was out of date & the cost of a newer disc wasn't much less than the price of a new Sat-Nav System.

I have the TNS 200 on an 02, with standard disc, never updated from fitting and it is fine in all but a few circumstances. If you find a new bit of road and miss a turn, it will find a new route but a bit of common sense will help. Many people manage to drive with atlas' that are way out of date!!!

Use any sat nav as a tool, not a brain-in-the-back-seat item and it will help.

You need a TNS 200 disc but if looking, just get the newest edition you can find or if just for selling the car, the cheapest!

To be sure you have the system, look UNDER the front passenger seat. There should be a dvd-like computer there, with a sliding door to insert the disc. You will most likely see the carpet has been cut to fit it in the whole, on a couple of brackets. If you are luckier, it may have been fitted with minimal carpet damage and placed ON the carpet, in one of the velcro bags as used in the Avensis. This is by far a neater install, although not mentioned in Toyota fitting guides. It does work though, if anyone is thinking of this install.

• 5 years later...

Bump this thread.....

Maybe i am the only other owner of a 2000 reg Yaris that has a built-in Toyota satnav. I too am missing the cd-rom. My question is , if I can find someone, can I use their TNS 200 disc?

if not, any other places to search apart from eBay

Any chance the main agent would supply a cd-rom? 

Thanks in advance 

http://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu/Shop/Index but imo it's not worth the cost as you can buy a new Garmin/Tomtom for the same or less with much more modern hardware, better display etc. & free future map updates.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links