Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

18" Wheels

CorollaD4D

hello all, just wanting some help with alloys as i've yet to decide on a wheel/tyre/lowering package for my car. i have been loving the look of these alloys for a few days now.

just wondered if anyone had 18's on their corolla and if so what tyre size did you use? did the arches rub on the tyre at all? will i encounter any other problems like the speedo being wildly out or anything? also the tyre size listed on that link is 215/35/18, would it not be more suitable or isnt 225/35/18 a more normal tyre size to use with 18 inch wheels?

any help is much appreciated :)

I have 18" ultralites and car lowered 45mm and i think their running 225/40/18 or it could be 215/40/18. The 40 will just fill that arch space a bit better for you.

As for rubbing on 45mm yes you will get it, but only at times. I ay at time because if i drive normally with just me or me and front passenger then it won't rub. If i go hell for leather and hit a bump or dip in road then yep it rubs a little. If i have rear passengers then your in trouble as it will always rub on dips and speed bumps.

Speedo, nope had no trouble from what i've seen of it

Hope tha helps :thumbsup:

thanks for your reply. i was thinking to go with 18" wheels and a set of springs i found on euro performance which lower the front by 35mm and the rear by 35mm i don't think this will rub with 2 people on the back seat will it?

also sorry to bother you but if you get chance can you just check the 225 or 215 tyre size? also being cheeky any chance of some pictures just so i can get an idea please? around my area/in my circle of friends all lowered corollas have 17" wheels so testing 18" wheels is a bit difficult for me.

Used to have 18 inch Ultralite's, same one's as Bridges in fact lol.

Lowered 30mm with 215/40/18 tyres was fine, as mentioned it fills the arches a lot better and if your only planning on lowering it by 35mm then it will be a nice fit, 35 profile tyres left too much of a gap imo :thumbsup:

I shall check for you buddy, for pictures check my Rolla Build thread out, plenty of pictures there for you :thumbsup:

17 or 19 might be a better choice as apparently tyres for 16 and 18 cost more.

... jumping on the back on this topic instead of creating my own, if i upsized to 18's will they fill the gap better or will i be riding higher and need lowering.

You'd still be riding high as there is more rim between the axle and the floor. You will still need to lower the car.

Marc I must say your car looks spot on mate! The wheels look nice and the ride height between the arch and tyre is just right, not too much but not too little either.

Did you get any rubbing at either side full lock? Or with 4 passengers sat in the car?

Cheers for the comments :thumbsup: It was pretty much the same as everyone else has said. No problems on full lock with me in the car, but as soon as I had extra bodies in with me (mostly in the back) any dips or pot holes I hit would cause rubbing.

Also you need to bare in mind that Marc's CTS is heavier with the 4 Doors and it is a PFL which wasn't lowered so much. ;)

Cheers for the comments :thumbsup: It was pretty much the same as everyone else has said. No problems on full lock with me in the car, but as soon as I had extra bodies in with me (mostly in the back) any dips or pot holes I hit would cause rubbing.

In that case the best thing for me to do will be put the new wheels on first and then judge how much to lower the car? I use my car as daily driver and sometimes do have a full compliment of passengers in the car so might be better for me to leave the car unlowered?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links