Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Lost Key / Alarm / Immobiliser Problem

jac avensis

Hi All,

I have a 2001 Avensis and have managed to lose both remote key fobs. I have a grey key that will open the door and did start the engine. However I tried some of the sequences involving door opening and closing etc and now the grey key nolonger starts the engine.

I have ordered two remote key fobs from toyota and am hoping to be able to reprogramme it. In the meantime I would really like to able to drive it around, so I wonder is there a way to disable the alarm and make the grey key work again.

Toyota have offered to sort it out for me for about £1100, and the car is probably not work a lot more than that! There must be a better way. Please help!

J

Hi All,

I have a 2001 Avensis and have managed to lose both remote key fobs. I have a grey key that will open the door and did start the engine. However I tried some of the sequences involving door opening and closing etc and now the grey key nolonger starts the engine.

I have ordered two remote key fobs from toyota and am hoping to be able to reprogramme it. In the meantime I would really like to able to drive it around, so I wonder is there a way to disable the alarm and make the grey key work again.

Toyota have offered to sort it out for me for about £1100, and the car is probably not work a lot more than that! There must be a better way. Please help!

J

Hi mate sorry to here about your problems, here is a possible solution .... contact your insurance company either household or car and you may find that you are covered for lost keys ;).

Best regards and good luck,

Pete.

If that doesn't work you could always get a 3rd party alarm/remote start fitted. This will allow you to open your doors with a fob, even start your car! Depends what you actually want as i'd go for that option and get a spare grey key if thats possible!