Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Chenge Ocv (Oil Control Valve)Vvt Yaris 1.5

ASH1354

sorry **change for chenge** :P

hi all , i want to change OCV (Oil Control Valve) for yaris 1.5 but it is not coming off :( should i just pull it hard or is there any other way ? please help

thanks

hi all , i want to change OCV (Oil Control Valve) for yaris 1.5 but it is not coming off :( should i just pull it hard or is there any other way ? please help

thanks

heeeeeeeeeeeeelp please

It is an interference fit. I removed one on a 1.0.. if it will not pull off, try rotating and pulling at the same time...

It is an interference fit. I removed one on a 1.0.. if it will not pull off, try rotating and pulling at the same time...

thanks i will do it in the morning , thanks again :)

thanks i will do it in the morning , thanks again :)

i did try but i think i broke it and only half of it came out :( what to do now please some1 help me :'''(

OCV is only held in with a 10mm bolt so should come out nice and easy when the bolt is out.

There is a rubber o ring seal too - very strange it broke (got a pic of it?)

Mart.

OCV is only held in with a 10mm bolt so should come out nice and easy when the bolt is out.

Mart.

hello mart i will put the pic, first thing in the morning , i opened the 10mm bolt but when i pulled it only end part came out and the rest is inside :( it is a little valve in it and a small spring on the end of it ! thanks for ur reply

Mart.

this is the pic :( i did try to pull it out but no luck :(

post-97827-128275210102_thumb.jpg

post-97827-128275216233_thumb.jpg

yeh that looks a problem. was all the damage already done to the face of the head or you done it trying to get it out?

the burrs on that face maybe still holding the rest of the OCV inside the head.

id try a big spiral easy out bit if i were at work myself - something like this (http://www.toolprice.com/category/screwextractors/)

or try to get something just inside if there is a lip and pull it out.

i have seperated and refitted an OCV before but yours looks snapped from the pic.

Good luck.

yeh that looks a problem. was all the damage already done to the face of the head or you done it trying to get it out?

the burrs on that face maybe still holding the rest of the OCV inside the head.

id try a big spiral easy out bit if i were at work myself - something like this (http://www.toolprice.com/category/screwextractors/)

or try to get something just inside if there is a lip and pull it out.

i have seperated and refitted an OCV before but yours looks snapped from the pic.

Good luck.

thanks mate i used the screw extractor and it came out :) thanks again .

thanks

I'm curious, why does the OCV need to be changed? Does it get damaged or dirty with age?? :unsure:

thanks

I'm curious, why does the OCV need to be changed? Does it get damaged or dirty with age?? :unsure:

changed it cus i had code p1349 , but still got problem with the engine :( engine check light came on again! code P1349 , engine work dry and noisy !

when i got this car oil was so dirty ! i changed the oil ,oil filter and ovc , was working fine for a day with out any noise or any problem , i parked the car for 15 min and when i start, engine was noisy and engine check light came on ! any one know what can be wrong .

try cleaning out the small oil filter for the ocv ( inside the cylinder head - small wire mesh behind a plug that you remove with a 5mm or 6mm allen key)

been a while since i removed/cleaned one so not too sure where abouts it is lol.

try cleaning out the small oil filter for the ocv ( inside the cylinder head - small wire mesh behind a plug that you remove with a 5mm or 6mm allen key)

been a while since i removed/cleaned one so not too sure where abouts it is lol.

wooooow i toke the filter out was sooooooo dirty :P but its clean now :) going for drive soon to see what happen , thanks

wooooow i toke the filter out was sooooooo dirty :P but its clean now :) going for drive soon to see what happen , thanks

i drive the car , was ok for first hour ,but again start to be noisy ,i can hear the chain ! noise coming and going !

You can hear the chain? Possibility the chain may have stretched slightly. Not common but have heard of it. This can also effect the engine timing giving a fault code but cant remember which one. Normal things relating to VVTI fault is the controller on the camshaft fails. Also the OCV filter sits just below the OCV. Its a 14 or 17mm headed bolt which houses a gauze filter. But from what you are saying about the noise, it could be something quite serious.

You can hear the chain? Possibility the chain may have stretched slightly. Not common but have heard of it. This can also effect the engine timing giving a fault code but cant remember which one. Normal things relating to VVTI fault is the controller on the camshaft fails. Also the OCV filter sits just below the OCV. Its a 14 or 17mm headed bolt which houses a gauze filter. But from what you are saying about the noise, it could be something quite serious.

hi , the engine light gown off it self and the noise is better now , i put seefoam in the oil and some in petrol, drive for about 30 mils and changed the oil ,oil was changed 5 days a go but was so dirty ( black ) only thing i can hear now its chain but you have to open the window to hear it when windows are close i cant hear any thing ! and car is crazy i mean go so fast !!! but as you said chain may be stretched , do you think i need to change it ? can i do something with chain tensioner ?

• 5 weeks later...

hello mr., i also have problem, cannot pull out the OCV valve from my yaris 1.5.. could you guide me how to take out the OCV valve? just pulling or have take off the head cover for check whether got any lock inside?? pls help...