Do Not Sell My Personal Information

From 8000K To 5000K Hid

CorollaD4D

having bought my hid set from eBay a while back and having it fitted i always thought the light was too blue to be 6000k even though the box has the 6000k and h7 selections ticked i think some guy who packed it did it wrong. after parking next to my friend who has 8000k hids and leaving my hids on by accident i realised the colour of the light from my '6000k' hid was identical to his 8000k. anyway im going to get some new hid bulbs from hids-direct.co.uk and get them fitted but i had a question:

shall i pay extra for an 'anti-glare' bulb or do you think i should just go with the standard h7 bulb? and what colour temp shall i go for? i wanted to go with 4300k but they are ever so slightly yellow so that's out the questions. this leave 5000k or 6000k. i wont describe 6000k since you guys will know what they are like, as far as i know 5000k will be same as 6000k but without the slight hint of blue, i.e. a pure white light. which colour temp do you think will be best?

I've got 6000k in my comp in all my lights and they are near enough pure white. With the anti glare I don't have it on my lights and it seems to work fine for me! Lol hope this helps.

another friend of mine with a mk4 golf anniversary has 6000k and he said the same thing to me, that 6000k are near enough white as it is, anyone any experience of 5000k bulbs?

i would get normal ones, anti glare is a con IMO, you can have the same effect with electrical tape.

i would get normal ones, anti glare is a con IMO, you can have the same effect with electrical tape.

i kinda had the same thought when i saw a picture or normal and anti glare next to eat other looks like the anti glare has a piece of black tape around the bulb at a certain position...

There is no universal color for the xenon bulbs.... Everyones eyes are special but mostly the older guys like the whiter colours but never the same with two guys :D I've tested all the colors - from 4300 to 14000K on my Rolla as I'm importing xenon kits for more than 6 years now... It would be best for you, to go the a market and test the colors at dark  - I've made this with LOTS of customers so I guess it won't be such a problem for you ;) Go check them all out but remember - there's not a single best type - I'm currently using 8000K and will go back the my favs - 12000K:yahoo:Btw - for HIGH beams the best colors are 8000 upwards to 12000K - because the bluer the color the more signs and anything reflecting light just lights up like on fire :) The High beam of the Rolla are great enough even with 12000K - the light output is BIG enough to use darker colors. The bluer the better reflection from anything you get - even animals eyes are easier to spot :) But like I said - test them all and check which suits your eyes BEST :) No single/universal solution - you see what's best for ya":eek::D thumbsup.gif

P.S. To remove the glare you don't need so much the anti-glare bulbs as much as making your headlights JDM style - make everything that's not reflection/projecting the light beam BLACK :) The Rolla has pretty decent "cover"below the bulb, so the anti glare won't help up much. Btw - I've seen JDM style headlight on a Rolla like mine - it's AWSOME yahoo.gif

thanks for your reply. the thing with going for more blue light is that in my area the cops are giving people grief. its bad enough ive got 8000k hid on reflector head lights (luckily the corolla reflector is very good and doesnt cause much glare to other drivers) but going even higher in the numbers will reduce the light and get me unwanted attention. with front tints and blue head lights i think the cops could stick a fair few tickets on my window lol.

hence why i wanted to go down the numbers to one which was white or almost white, they seem unsuspecting of this :S

The 5000 to 6000 range is closest to natural daylight and as the human eye is designed to work best at these colour temps it generally suits most people.

Personally I would steer away from anything that may attract PC plod attention as he/she may then try and enforce the guidelines.

See link below for further information.:)

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/drs/hidheadlamps

thanks for the link, i've read it and it seems to re iterate what i mentioned earlier. I think 5000 is the way forward for me personally, would like to have gone with 4300 but the slight is a bit yellow and i dont want that.