Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Cat Back System

Corolla Glynn

Is anybody running a replacement cat back system with a one box (rear silencer) silencer, or had the middle silencer removed form a stock system?

I believe the backbox is the silencer on the t-sport, as when i changed my backbox i started it up with out the backbox on and it was so loud but correct me if im wrong tho.

I am going to take out the second cat on my exhaust system and replace it with a bit of pipe lol.

I believe the backbox is the silencer on the t-sport, as when i changed my backbox i started it up with out the backbox on and it was so loud but correct me if im wrong tho.

I am going to take out the second cat on my exhaust system and replace it with a bit of pipe lol.

Second cat?

Yeah not 100% sure if it is a second cat, but that is what i have concluded it to be.

It is after the cat but is shaped the same.

Yeah not 100% sure if it is a second cat, but that is what i have concluded it to be.

It is after the cat but is shaped the same.

Suspect that is the middle silencer?

But I plan to get mine removed also.

Other option is to get the rear removed and a custom pipe with 3" outward rolled fitted. But think the middle removal to be half the cost of the rear job!

no no no no no, no point doing at cat back on the T sport just replace the rear silencer. The middle box you see is a resonator and does not restrict the flow of exhaust gases replacing this is a waste of time and money.

Joel

I've read that the T-Sports exhaust systems are quite good but the back box is restrictive to keep the noise down hence the TTE/Remus box as an option

no no no no no, no point doing at cat back on the T sport just replace the rear silencer. The middle box you see is a resonator and does not restrict the flow of exhaust gases replacing this is a waste of time and money.

Joel

+1 :thumbsup:

I've read that the T-Sports exhaust systems are quite good but the back box is restrictive to keep the noise down hence the TTE/Remus box as an option

This is correct as there is no real centre silencer the pipe is straight to the back box. if you look at the T sport back box is massive, this is because its the only one on the car so it needs to be big to keep the noise down. Now i have an old exhaust at home waiting to be cut open i for one would be interesed to know if the pipe goes straight through the box and the box has a lot of padding in or it snakes around inside the box keeping the gasses in there longer and therefore reducing the sound even more... im guessing the later for greated noise reduction. the remus box is straight through. but they use a twin exit and still have quite a large back box full of padding to keep the noise sensible.

Joel

i chopped out the resonator in my cat back system purely because it had rotten through. luckily for me i have a very good friend who operates a custom exhaust shop and he whipped up a nice cat back for me. its not bassy or boring at all, lovely and raspy.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm170/clawliger/?action=view&current=IMG_0389.mp4

but as stated, removing the resonator will do bugger all, except make it more bassey.

• 2 months later...

clawliger, I love the sound of your exhaust, can u write some more on what diameter did u use? and what are the silencers, are there two straight-through silencers?

clawliger, I love the sound of your exhaust, can u write some more on what diameter did u use? and what are the silencers, are there two straight-through silencers?

+1

How do you get it to make the popping/crackling noise when you change gear?

thx, I'm from Poland. So u deleted the middle silencer? I'm considering 2,25 piping too, but Id stick with original middle silencer and just change the backbox. I want to improve performance but dont want to loose head on motorway ;)

• 1 year later...

I rarely use my car for journeys tbh. And i just change gear lol. Im using a 3' jap slash tip on my rear box also.

What backbox do you have fitted?

• 4 years later...

Hi all, I'm new to tsport ownership have a completely standerd 2004. Want my exhaust to have that raspy sound at the lower revs (I already love the sound at lift 😊) but don't want it to be unbearably loud! Could anyone point me in the right direction? Also anybody found a way of getting rid of that awful reverse beeping ?!?

thanks in advance

If the beeping is from rear parking sensors, there is often a switch behind the boot lining (often near to one of the rear light clusters) that disables the sensors.

On 19 August 2016 at 9:47 AM, Lewi_Tsport said:

Hi all, I'm new to tsport ownership have a completely standerd 2004. Want my exhaust to have that raspy sound at the lower revs (I already love the sound at lift 😊) but don't want it to be unbearably loud! Could anyone point me in the right direction? Also anybody found a way of getting rid of that awful reverse beeping ?!?

thanks in advance

Hi mate, I rang powerflow in a Accrington for a cat back system. Guy said about £350 2" rear pipe in stainless steel. Lifetime warranty! Be more depending on the tail pipe you want etc. 

The beeping is because reverse is so close to first. Cars letting you know your in reverse and not first! Not sure if it's just a wire you can pull out. 

Hi guys, my standard exhaust rotted through so I went to a powerflow dealer near me and fitted and full system and then and this is just me it snapped on 2 of the welds and fell off took it back they said they fixed if and then did it again. In the end I went to AAS in Newcastle and they do custom stuff for vintage to race cars and put mine on the lift and said they had used to bigger pipe and the so called stainless was not the grade it should be but I am not the first to go to them to have this put right. Please be careful as I spent 350 then 480 to put it all right.

Really!!!! I'm surprised cos they have been going years. Even had one on my mazda mx3 v6 years n years ago. 

But that newcastle place sounds a good one 😉

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links