Do Not Sell My Personal Information

D4D 2.0 Clutch

farrow

Hi, just bought a mint T4 Avensis 04 for excellent price but clutch is very heavy. Is anyone aware of this? Would the problem be clutch itself i.e. pressure plate or would the clutch accumulator cause this? If so is there any tests I can do on the accumulator. Appreciate any advice, thank you

How many miles are on the car.

Manual clutches to get firmer and harder with age and mileage - it happens on most cars as the diaphram spring in the cover plate looses it resilience over time. When you mention accumulator I take you mean the hydraulic control system. Whilst they may wear or even leak over time they rarely become stiffer - if anything they become softer.:)

How many miles are on the car.

Manual clutches to get firmer and harder with age and mileage - it happens on most cars as the diaphram spring in the cover plate looses it resilience over time. When you mention accumulator I take you mean the hydraulic control system. Whilst they may wear or even leak over time they rarely become stiffer - if anything they become softer.:)

Thanks James, milage is 91000 so think it could be time for new clutch, I have heard from a friend, who knows a Toyota technician, that the clutch in an Avensis are normally only good for 100000 miles. Other than being heavy it is perfect, thanks again.