Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota's Official Jbl Speaker Upgrade Kit

Cord77

Just ordered my Auris HSD T-Spirit today.

Its not in the brochure, but I found the JBL speaker upgrade kit in the accessory listing I obtained from the spare parts dept at my dealer (for HSD and non-HSD Auris'). I've been given a price of just over £900 for all the kit incl VAT and fitting (there is a lot to do looking at the instructions on the Toyota service webpage).

All 6 Speakers are upgraded, an extra subwoofer is mounted in the boot (where the car jack normally is, and the jack is put into a bag presumably to take up some other part of the boot space). An amplifier is mounted beneath the drivers seat. The Speakers are compatible with the built-in stereo and the GPS upgrades, and DAB upgrade.

So far thats about all I know about it, and I would like to hear from anyone who has had this upgrade fitted, and to ask if they thought it was worth it. I do intend to use the stereo alot with my 32GB iPhone 4, and DAB radio upgrade so the sound quality is worth splashing out on if its good enough.

Starting to go off the idea of getting this. £980 for the upgrade at a dealer, and the chance they might screw something up with my brand new car fitting it (40 page installation PDF). But the biggest issue is it seems so hard to get information on this, which is why they probably don't advertise it in their brochure.

So far every dealer I've asked hasn't ever fitted the kit into an Auris. I only have about 8 days left to decide, as that is when they expect delivery of my new car.

I will be getting the mud flaps and DAB upgrade for sure though.

Cord:

I do have some information for you, albeit only a little but here goes

The Auris system (I'm taking it for granted the HSD model is the same) is a 9 speaker, 8 channel system with a 440 watt DSP amplifier

2 x Titanium dome tweeters

2 x Mid range (I think they are 10cm)

2 x woofers (I think they are 16cm)

1 x DSP Amp

1 x 16cm DVC Sub woofer

Standard is 6 speakers/4 channels/ 160W

That is the only info I can find for you I'm afraid

Kingo :thumbsup:

Ah thank you very much. Seems very respectable, I think you meant to say 7 speaker system though not 9. I need to get some other quotes as they seem to vary wildly and I think its because some dealers don't include all the parts necessary to install it (stickers, extension rod for spare wheel etc, amp). So they would end up having to revise it mid-install once they found out. My car selling dealer wants £982 incl fitting and vat.

Cord:

I do have some information for you, albeit only a little but here goes

The Auris system (I'm taking it for granted the HSD model is the same) is a 9 speaker, 8 channel system with a 440 watt DSP amplifier

2 x Titanium dome tweeters

2 x Mid range (I think they are 10cm)

2 x woofers (I think they are 16cm)

1 x DSP Amp

1 x 16cm DVC Sub woofer

Standard is 6 speakers/4 channels/ 160W

That is the only info I can find for you I'm afraid

Kingo :thumbsup:

Sorry, but i don't mean to hi-jack this thread but i need to ask this:

Mine doesn't sound like a 160w system. If i fade my sound to the back Speakers only it sounds like 20w with no treble at all. In all mine sounds like a head unit running 50w Peak power system.

Does the Auris system have a stand alone amplifier. Could my amp be faulty. Can it be replaced or is it part of the sat nav unit?

Regards

I believe that 160W is the maximum. It's not telling anything about the real figures (which are a lot lower of course).

I believe that 160W is the maximum. It's not telling anything about the real figures (which are a lot lower of course).

Ok that makes sense. 160w max is about 80w RMS. Divide by 6 Speakers equal 26w each. More like it.

Thanks

I got the jbl soundpack fitted to my Auris 180 D-cat -10, in combination with the Navigation TNS510.

I really think it sounds increadible, and I'm used to a car with an aftermarket soundsystem valued at about 2700 euro.

If i ever order another new toyota it will defo have the jbl pack installed.

Ok that makes sense. 160w max is about 80w RMS. Divide by 6 Speakers equal 26w each. More like it.

Thanks

Normally audio power from almost all firms ( Pioneer, Alpine, Jvc, Kenwood,etc ) are 50Wx4 so it comes to 200W but that is peak music power output. That translates to around 13Watt RMS power per channel.

My Guess is ( comparing with my Hondas Pioneer unit ) must be the same mosfets power they are using. So we all have 13 RMS per channel.

That JBL is interesting to find its true power (RMS). Anyway, logically it will sound a lot better than the standard unit since it has better drivers and a dedicated amp.

Have a nice day.

• 6 years later...