AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ilecorrola

Is 10/40 Semi Synthetic Oil For 1.4 Vvti 4Zz-Fe Engine

7 posts in this topic

Is 10/40 Semi Synthetic Oil For 1.4 Vvti 4Zz-Fe Engine?When the oil was for changing on 80000 km.i went to toyota dealership here in macedonia and when i asked what type of oil to buy for my car they said "toyota semi synthetic 10/40 oil" is referred oil from the factory toyota so i took it.But i got confused when i saw in owners manual that it is referred "toyota full sinthetic 5/30 oil"

1 person likes this

5w 30 is the prefered choice but 10w 40 will do (semi synthetic)

Kingo :thumbsup:

incidentally kingo while you here, is there any reason why we dont use fully synthetic oils in the corolla? (mines the 2.0d4d) i currently use toyotas own 5w-30 but am thinking of switching to 5w-40 as the mileage increases, currently on about 90K

No specific reason other than it is NOT required by Toyota, you could use it but 5w 30 is perfectly good enough and considerably cheaper. 5w 30 is widely available and at a good price, if you change it regularly then there is no need to change grades. Change it every 10K or less in harsh conditions

Is 10/40 Semi Synthetic Oil For 1.4 Vvti 4Zz-Fe Engine?When the oil was for changing on my toyota corrola 1.4 vvti 4zz-fe engine on 80000 km.i went to toyota dealership here in macedonia and when i asked what type of oil to buy for my car they said "toyota semi synthetic 10/40 oil" is referred oil from the factory toyota for this type of engine so i took it.But i got confused when i saw in owners manual that it is referred "toyota full sinthetic 5/30 oil"

1 person likes this

No need for a second topic for the same thing....

Plus answers to both your questions are in here thumbsup.gif

No specific reason other than it is NOT required by Toyota, you could use it but 5w 30 is perfectly good enough and considerably cheaper. 5w 30 is widely available and at a good price, if you change it regularly then there is no need to change grades. Change it every 10K or less in harsh conditions

thanks for the clarification. guess im covered then recently ive started doing oil and filter changes at 6-7K and cleaning the air filter if not then replacing that too.