Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm Not A Fan.............

Bizarra

Liverpool sinking towards meltdown as fans vent fury

Steven Gerrard celebrated his equaliser against Sunderland at Anfield yesterday with almost the same passion he had shown when he scored a crucial Champions League goal six years ago.

Steven Gerrard celebrated his equaliser against Sunderland at Anfield yesterday with almost the same passion he had shown when he scored a crucial Champions League goal six years ago.

By DION FANNING at Anfield

Sunday September 26 2010

The corporate man at Anfield -- and there are a lot of them these days -- was getting worked up at half-time. He grabbed a minion on the stairs in the Main Stand.

"Of all the days to be showing a great game of Benitez's, today is not the f***ing time." Sky were showing Liverpool's Champions League victory against Olympiakos which started Liverpool's improbable journey to Istanbul and this was not a day for a history lesson.

When Steven Gerrard celebrated his equaliser against Sunderland at Anfield yesterday, he did so with almost the same passion he had shown when he scored the crucial goal that put Liverpool into the knock-out stages six years ago. Liverpool's priorities have changed.

Liverpool have one win in six Premier League games this season but that is not their crisis. Exiting the Carling Cup at home to Northampton is not their crisis either. Roy Hodgson might have been going too far when he said afterwards that "I cannot see the drama" of that defeat but, equally, winning the Carling Cup and the FA Cup wouldn't solve Liverpool's problems.

At the end of the game, the PA announcer at Anfield announced that the club was aware that "supporters were planning to peacefully demonstrate in respect of the ownership situation" and asked the crowd not to behave in an uncontrolled manner. This was astonishing: the club were sanctioning a protest against the owners of the club.

In the corporate boxes and in the stand they chanted and turned to the Kop where thousands remained and sang, "They just care about money, they don't care about the fans, Liverpool Football Club is in the wrong hands."

The Liverpool players, on the field to warm down, did not know what to do. They had dropped more points and they were in the middle of a club sinking in every possible way. Carragher and Gerrard applauded the Kop as they jogged by but they were entitled to be confused.

In the city centre yesterday morning, the supporters' group, Spirit of Shankly, met to discuss their options as Liverpool teeter on the brink. They will protest but also they will look for fan ownership in the club.

Within weeks, Liverpool could be owned by the British taxpayer, in the form of the Royal Bank of Scotland, and they may also enter administration and face a nine-point penalty, which would leave them on minus points. Most Liverpool fans would probably prefer that option to the continued involvement of Hicks and Gillett.

They are said to be exploring ways of avoiding that penalty which would surely lead to a legal challenge from Liverpool's rivals. At the moment, that challenge is more likely to come from a relegation candidate than a Champions League side.

Liverpool are now astonishing for many reasons, few of them good. The club that has won the European Cup five times is now weeks away from meltdown. The destruction of England's most successful club is not Hodgson's fault. But he is not the man to create the illusion on the field that it's not happening.

Benitez's achievement in keeping Liverpool competitive while Hicks and Gillett destroyed the club for all but his final season is now looking even more remarkable as things enter a vital endgame.

Sunderland were the better team yesterday. Until he scored, Gerrard had been just another anonymous player for Liverpool, out-thought and out-played by Jordan Henderson

Liverpool's opening goal was bizarre. Sunderland's Michael Turner rolled the ball back to his goalkeeper Simon Mignolet, intending that he would take a free-kick. Instead he had already taken it. Torres took the ball and set up Dirk Kuyt. Sunderland came back when the dreadful Christian Poulsen handled the ball and then took the lead before Gerrard's equaliser.

"We're not playing like a fourth or fifth place side at the moment," Hodgson conceded. He then pointed to the strange results across the league as some justification for what had happened yesterday at Anfield. The problem is there was nothing strange about Liverpool's result.

- DION FANNING at Anfield

Sunday Independent

They should get some of the locals to steal a better team :yahoo:

Judging from that report, that is their only option :ph34r: :(

I'm not a Liverpool fan, but don't hate them either.

As a neutral I just think what's happening to this once proud club is just really funny. Love it !

hahahahahahaha loving it , couldn't be happening to a better club , and yes i do hate liverpool fc , bigtime , and as for Joe cole and his biggest club in England comment haha he never was the sharpest tool in the box when it came to opening his mouth , yeh they once had a proud history for sure but thats all it is ... History :yahoo: along with the Arzenal they have the most conceited fans in football , i :censor: hate them both so bad it hurts , and in the words of Kevin Keegan , I would love it , love it ..... if they were to go bust and be no more :yahoo:

I'm also aware though , since Abramovich came to chelsea and pumped millions into the club , that chelsea are also one of the most hated clubs in the country and many including a few on here would also like to see chelsea go bust , who knows it may happen if Abramovich suddenly upped sticks and pulled his wonga out , but untill that time we will hold on tight and enjoy the ride :D

scousers.jpg

Scousers.jpg

scousersbacktoworkplan.jpg

A bloke bumped into a man crying uncontrollably outside a department store in liverpool yesterday.

All he could go on about was how he hates this time of year, dressing up in a ridiculous red outfit and embarrassing himself in front of thousands of people.

I said look Mr Gerrard, you chose to play for Liverpool...

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got any sad violin music to play alongside this vid of a pig sick liverpool fan pooring his heart out , its so depressing those reds fans must be slashing their wrists as the vid plays :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpKkPeD4D9g

this'll av ta do i'm afraid :lol: sad music , but the picture's are interesting :lol: :lol2:

• 11 months later...