Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hard Drive

psychynurse

Hi guys

Please can anyone explain to me in simple terms how to record CD's to the hard drive?

Thanks

This is the same set up as my Avensis so all I can say is please refer back to the owners manual as it would be too lengthy a process to explain on here. Once you get the hang of it the procedure is really easy and fairly quick.

Good luck thumbsup.gif

Hi guys

Please can anyone explain to me in simple terms how to record CD's to the hard drive?

Thanks

Simple terms for a simple job....

Put in the cd

Close the screen

Wait for the 'rec' button on the screen to highlight (the cd will probably have started to play)

Press 'rec' button on screen

Wait for 'recording finished ' to display

Done!

If you keep the audio screen alive, you will note the number of tracks diminishing as the transfer takes place, 20 tracks in around 10 mins.

Good luck

Just as a quick note to this topic, I am having the same trouble as the poster and cant work out how to get music onto the HDD, I put in an MP3 disc tonight but the rec button does not come up as said earlier?? not sure if Im doing anything wrong, my idea was to fill the HDD with MP3's, I presume it will cope with that? :help:

nope just normal CD sadly its not like the VW / skoda one it was a bit of a let down to me to as well.

i just steam thing from my phone using the bluetooth.

Just been doing some searching on the internet and found this:

I saw the new Prius at B’ham Bullring. There is a firewire port behind the display. Is this used to transfer mp3 files to the HDD and if so how? Is there a lead or gizmo which converts the firewire to USB, so that a USB stick or external HDD can be used for the transfer?

IM going to a local auto electrician to find out

Just as a quick note to this topic, I am having the same trouble as the poster and cant work out how to get music onto the HDD, I put in an MP3 disc tonight but the rec button does not come up as said earlier?? not sure if Im doing anything wrong, my idea was to fill the HDD with MP3's, I presume it will cope with that? :help:

You can't record mp3 files to the HDD. It will only record audio tracks. If you want to record your mp3 collection then you need to convert them to audio format on your Pc and then transfer them to the car HDD. The audio system will record from DVD so you can get quite a few audio tracks on to one DVD. I think the file limit is 250.

You can't record mp3 files to the HDD. It will only record audio tracks. If you want to record your mp3 collection then you need to convert them to audio format on your Pc and then transfer them to the car HDD. The audio system will record from DVD so you can get quite a few audio tracks on to one DVD. I think the file limit is 250.

AFAIR the file limit is 255.

MP3 would be alot easier.

or both.... how modern would that be......

but to be honest i just the bluetooth streaming thing.... very easy my phone got 16GB of space on it and easy to update.

Good tip I found for recording the CD's (benefit of being stuck in traffic on A1, you get to read the manual!), in Setup there is an option to Auto Record the CD. Everytime you put in a CD that isn't recorded it will copy it without having to go into audio and hit record. Makes it a bit safer when doing it whilst driving me thinks.

Also, having an 11 year old sit and tap in the names and tracks of the CD's that weren't found automatically in Gracenotes was a real help as well!

Also, having an 11 year old sit and tap in the names and tracks of the CD's that weren't found automatically in Gracenotes was a real help as well!

:yahoo: Nice one!!! It reminds me of the anecdote about Sony video recorders years ago - a one line instruction manual "Ask your 5 year old Grandson"

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links