Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blown Yaris T-Sport Gearbox Help

TiMiX

Noooo, just been told my T-Sport gearbox has blown! :crybaby:

Last week I started to hear a scuffing sound coming from the transmission so i thought it might be the clutch thrust bearing (had this fail years ago on my Cav GSI) Drove it for a week or so with no problems then the sound got lot worse so stopped driving it and used my Celica GT instead.

Gave the Yaris to my trusty mechanic and he said a bearing has failed in the box and i will be cheaper to get a second hand box instead of stripping it down as this will be exspensive due to buying new toyota parts.

Now questions a have buzzing in my head are... does the T-sport share its gearbox with any other yaris model? and is this a common fault? I broght a Yaris because my Celica has been so bullet proof over the years. A bit shocked this has failed, cars only done 75k :(

Cheers for any help and input, be much appreciated :thumbsup:

Cheers for the link, i saw this on eBay too, intresting he can have a look for only £10!

Anyone else used his bloke before, any good?

Mine failed at roughly 75k too. I got my car recovered, the box taken out, the box send away to be reconditioned, the box returned and fitted and it cost me £700. Pricey but it had to be done!

Hum, think it must be a Yaris t-sport thing. Read a few posts with the same issue... and i brought the t-sport hoping it would be more beefy! :rolleyes:

Got a second hand box from http://www.1stchoice.co.uk/ cost £210 then another £270 to get it fitted so not so bad. Now looking at Corolla T-sports to replace it :wacko:

Hum, think it must be a Yaris t-sport thing. Read a few posts with the same issue... and i brought the t-sport hoping it would be more beefy! :rolleyes:

Got a second hand box from http://www.1stchoice.co.uk/ cost £210 then another £270 to get it fitted so not so bad. Now looking at Corolla T-sports to replace it :wacko:

yeah the corolla fits thats what i have in mine

You have a Corolla gearbox in your Yaris!?

I meant i'm selling the Yaris and considering either spending £2000 on doing up my 155k miles Celica 6 GT

or buying a Celica 7 or Corolla T-sport, can't make my mind up and its doing my head in :ffs:

Whats the best option you think? :help: