Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Custom Interior?

BarryIQ

I want to know if anyone has done some modification on the interior to cover those cheap, easy to stratch plastic with leather just like the Aston Marton Cygnet.

Not sure if it is a big project and will cost a fortune.

why dont you sell your car, then you might stop moaning about it, nothing wrong with my plastic, and my car is a year old

why dont you sell your car, then you might stop moaning about it, nothing wrong with my plastic, and my car is a year old

well said...!

well said...!

:laughing::laughing:

Remarks like that are not really answering the OP's question :rolleyes:

The IQ does have a "history" of easily scratched and marked plastic interior trim and the OP was asking if anyone has attempted to retrim and cover the plastic.

Please try to confine replies to those that may help the OP :thumbsup:

The IQ does have a "history" of easily scratched and marked plastic interior trim and the OP was asking if anyone has attempted to retrim and cover the plastic.

why have a go at me? look at his answers to me on the 29 sept, than have a go at him.

why have a go at me? look at his answers to me on the 29 sept, than have a go at him.

I have looked at that topic............Frankly you asked for the criticism that he (and others) gave you! :rolleyes:

please help and tell me i am stupid, i own a i q 2 auto 5000 miles, and thinking of changing to a hyundai i 10 comfort auto1.2 engin reason for thinking of changing is the m. p. g i get from the iq,the hyundai will do the same m.p g, please let me know what you think,i just cant make my mind up.

If you come on a forum and ask to be called STUPID.........There are many members that will oblige ;)

Please try to play nicely on the forums and do not take the "banter" too seriously :thumbsup:

KatyB went for red leather for her interior ... not sure if she did the door cards ... looks great though

I don't like the easily scratched plastics ... literally a finger nail can leave a perm mark !

Mine will be getting leathered at some point ... and yes ... it'll be carbon leather

;)

LOL

Looking at trying something with the interior plastics but I'll let you know as soon as I've had a chance to play. The pics will follow soon after lol

Si

Looking at trying something with the interior plastics but I'll let you know as soon as I've had a chance to play. The pics will follow soon after lol

Si

Hopefully its something we can DIY and inexpensive :)

Been spending too much on my IQ lately...

Lowering Spring, Car audio GPS combo system, body wrap etc...

Girlfriend is bugging me about it lol

On the Portuguese iQ Club, we have a member that had this done to his doors.

I've seen them in person and they look great.

img6248w.jpg

img6247l.jpg

And by his words, it was 250 euros to do that.

On the Portuguese iQ Club, we have a member that had this done to his doors.

I've seen them in person and they look great.

img6248w.jpg

img6247l.jpg

And by his words, it was 250 euros to do that.

Thats something exactly I want but I will probably do the whole door instead of just a part of it.

$250Euro is very reasonable!

BarryIQ,

I do intend it to be reasonable cost wise. Whether it ends up being that way is another thing altogether though lol

'Hopefully' going to be in a position by the end of the week to start stripping the interior down (Using various PDF's from Toyota's guide). Then, come the end of the month it'll be strip out peices as I go, install sound deadening around the car then before the bits go back in work out how I'm going to trim them and if I'll have time as I go !!

There is an awful lot of plastic to cover when you start to rip it all out lol

Si

BarryIQ,

I do intend it to be reasonable cost wise. Whether it ends up being that way is another thing altogether though lol

'Hopefully' going to be in a position by the end of the week to start stripping the interior down (Using various PDF's from Toyota's guide). Then, come the end of the month it'll be strip out peices as I go, install sound deadening around the car then before the bits go back in work out how I'm going to trim them and if I'll have time as I go !!

There is an awful lot of plastic to cover when you start to rip it all out lol

Si

Hmm, so thats your car and you are doing the project yourself!

And 250Euro is the cost of the materials?

No, that's not my car. Mine will be totally different than what you see in that car. Totally different approach and I really don't want to spend that kind of money either

Si

No, that's not my car. Mine will be totally different than what you see in that car. Totally different approach and I really don't want to spend that kind of money either

Si

So do I... always the cheaper the better. But... how?...

• 4 years later...

Hey guys! Just wondered if any of you followed up with the interior upgrade? Would like to have it done too but don't know any business that does that kind of surf.

• 2 months later...

This little thing is a riot. Love the pictures of the red seats interior. Where can you get this? Are they seat covers? Hello from Seattle! Jim

Hello Jim - welcome to Toyota Owners Club

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening all,

We are from Holland and we read a lot on your forum.

We have been this afternoon at an interior designer to tackle the interior.

Seats are upholstered in Alcantara , side chairs upholstered in leather.

ceiling is also re- upholstered with Alcantara fabric.

door panels are coated .

Unfortunately I can not post pictures yet .

All this together cost about 1500euro (1100 pounds)

Greetings from Holland

Hello Omer - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

One can post pictures on the forum after making one's first post (which you have now done).

Thanks Frosty balls.

In Holland it is with the Iq less as with you.
It is hard to get parts.
Once it is finished we put the photos online.