Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vibrations At 1400 Rpm

Geir Sagmo

Hi

My Avensis with a D4D engine vibrates at 1400 RPM. I have already chanced the dual mass freewheel and clutch but the vibrations are still there. I have heard that the turbo starts to load at 1400 RPM. Could it be the turbo that starts to fail. Also heard that a common problem with this engine is that there can be leakage between the top and the fuel nozzeles. Oil in the inlet tubes behind the turbo, is that normal or an indication that the turbo is starting to fail?

Hi

My Avensis with a D4D engine vibrates at 1400 RPM. I have already chanced the dual mass freewheel and clutch but the vibrations are still there. I have heard that the turbo starts to load at 1400 RPM. Could it be the turbo that starts to fail. Also heard that a common problem with this engine is that there can be leakage between the top and the fuel nozzeles. Oil in the inlet tubes behind the turbo, is that normal or an indication that the turbo is starting to fail?

hi mate

as far as i catch you ve an issue when accelerated -- correct?

in this way check all four injectors and you ll file a problem one easily.

cheers/Igor

Hi

hi mate

cheers/Igor

Hi Igor

The vibrations occures at 1400 RPM and stops at approx 1500 RPM even when the car is standing still. When I slow down and the RPM drops below 1400 the engine hessitates and vibrates at 1400 when I accellerate again.

I will check the injector soon and let you know what I find out.

Thanks

Hi

hi mate

cheers/Igor

Hi Igor

The vibrations occures at 1400 RPM and stops at approx 1500 RPM even when the car is standing still. When I slow down and the RPM drops below 1400 the engine hessitates and vibrates at 1400 when I accellerate again.

Thanks

Hi again

Today I change the oil on the engine and desided to check the oilscreen in the oilsump. I work at a car garage and we had a Toyota Previa there with a turbo failure. Because of this falure we checked the oilscreen and found this clogged with deposits. This deposits are formed when there is a leakaged by the injector(s)blowing combusted gases from the cylinders into the camshaft area. My screen was clogged as well and I'm gonne change the injector gaskets friday. Hopefully this will stop the vibrations at 1400 RPM.

Geir

Hi

hi mate

cheers/Igor

Hi Igor

Thanks

Hi again

Today I change the oil on the engine and desided to check the oilscreen in the oilsump. I work at a car garage and we had a Toyota Previa there with a turbo failure. Because of this falure we checked the oilscreen and found this clogged with deposits. This deposits are formed when there is a leakaged by the injector(s)blowing combusted gases from the cylinders into the camshaft area. My screen was clogged as well and I'm gonne change the injector gaskets friday. Hopefully this will stop the vibrations at 1400 RPM.

Geir

hello Geir

when you state an "oil screen" - -what did you mean ---- oil level or what???

the full engine diagnostic is highly required, as vissible.

is engine started well using glow plugs?

what is rpm on the clock when started?

what did you mean as oil screen clogged??? did you mean a lot of deposits are in the sump or what?

when an oil/filter were last changed?

quote "I'm gonne change the injector gaskets friday" ---- this will not cure your problem/ what gasket did you mean?? those one mounted in the nozzle positioning hole (inside the cyl head)??? you might to have an issue with diesel leak/s between fuel injection pipe and fuel valve itself. the first you have to do now is: open the valves cover and try to check with each pipes connections of four -- one/some of them has losen a tighting.

Chers/Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links