Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Eco Drive Level

monya

With regard to the Auris, P196 of the handbook describes this as 'Displays the fuel consumtion of each trip when it ends' 'When the hybrid system is turned off, this screen is displayed for several seconds. If a certain level of fuel efficiency is achieved, EXCELLENT will also appear.'

Has anybody any more info. on this feature as the graph that appears for a second doesn't mean anything to me and is difficult to interpret. Neither can it be recalled as far as I can see. Ta in advance. (presume this is on the Prius as well)

:unsure: dunno - when I switch off I tend to get out, lock up and go indoors! So, sorry, can't help, but next time I'm out in my Prius, I'll make sure to wait and see what happens!

:thumbsup:

J&T, this sounds like a feature exclusive to the Auris HSD.

J&T, this sounds like a feature exclusive to the Auris HSD.

huh! so what they got that we ain't then .... :ffs:

although I must say, mine does seem to display the mileage and something else that I can't remember when I switch off.... I will have a look next time it comes out the garage (when the sun shines) and see what it is actually showing....

With regard to the Auris, P196 of the handbook describes this as 'Displays the fuel consumtion of each trip when it ends' 'When the hybrid system is turned off, this screen is displayed for several seconds. If a certain level of fuel efficiency is achieved, EXCELLENT will also appear.'

Has anybody any more info. on this feature as the graph that appears for a second doesn't mean anything to me and is difficult to interpret. Neither can it be recalled as far as I can see. Ta in advance. (presume this is on the Prius as well)

Although the display shows a histogram, the information is one dimensional, ie along the bottom are numbers representing MPG (or metric) and a white area extends from the left towards the right representing the MPG achieved. The vertical area gets bigger directly proportional to the consumption ie the same info.

It's fairly easy to get the hang of it with practice and quick eyes! I've managed to get EXCELLENT when I put the car away in EV mode smile.gif but never in real-life yet; however my wife has achieved EXCELLENT after a real journey!

I haven't achieved excellent yet despite a delicate right foot. Thought of it as some unattainable dream. Must try harder!!

I haven't achieved excellent yet despite a delicate right foot. Thought of it as some unattainable dream. Must try harder!!

Oh believe me, it's possible, my wife hasn't stopped bragging yet!!

Yup! It does happen and I've had them but can't do it on a regular basis.

Try keeping away from hills going upwards and sticking to flat journeys.

If I can do it anyone can. :driving:

Best of Luck. TerryB

Agree with the hills, the mpg drops to 10 - 20 mpg on the instant consumption. When I drive to Edinburgh, there is a hill outside Moffat (The Devils Beeftub) where you are actually climbing for 5 miles, the average mileage takes a big drop, but you make up for it on the way home.

I have had excellent a few times, but mainly when it is short journeys of 4 or 5 miles once the engine is already warm.

Best of Luck. TerryB

UPDATE = Sorry!! :blushing: I forgot to mention that you must RE_SET your 'Average Consumtion' figure display before doing a MPG check, otherwise you'll just compute your total mileage since it was last re-set, [may be when the car was new!!].

Cheers TerryB

OK I hadn't done that. Any prizes if (when) I achieve 'excellent'?

Best of Luck. TerryB

Hmmmm. Looks like I'll have no chance then. I live in Norway where it's very cold and very hilly. :crybaby:

I live near Sheffield so quite a few hills around. On my average journey to work (about 13 miles) I always get Excellent, yet on my journey home I normally get the graph to display 40-50, if that. I'm a bit disappointed that my average MPG isn't higher, but having said that I am getting on average higher than my last car (Auris 2.0 diesel) and petrol is cheaper, no road tax, free parking, so still gaining overall. :thumbsup:

Hmmmm. Looks like I'll have no chance then. I live in Norway where it's very cold and very hilly. :crybaby:

Hey Four Four Two - I have two cunning plans = :crazy:

1.Try and find a part exchange deal with someone in Holland !!! or

2.Drive up one of your longest hills at the top re-set/zero your 'Average Consumption' and then drive down and at the bottom check your consumption,take a photo of it [for framing and or using as wallpaper and let us know your results.[i bet your HV Battery will be well charged so you may get home on 'EVO' and increase your score.]

No seriously it would be interesting to hear what MPG you can get for your normal driving. :o

Cheers TerryB

I live near Sheffield so quite a few hills around. On my average journey to work (about 13 miles) I always get Excellent, yet on my journey home I normally get the graph to display 40-50, if that. I'm a bit disappointed that my average MPG isn't higher, but having said that I am getting on average higher than my last car (Auris 2.0 diesel) and petrol is cheaper, no road tax, free parking, so still gaining overall. :thumbs up:

Hello GAV 18

Have you tried the Tankful to Tankful method of getting your truer overall MPG.

Method = Fill tank - Zero a trip meter [or note ODO reading] then carry on normal journeys until it time to fill the tank again.

Then = Record fuel needed to refill and make a note of your trip recorder result or ODO readings, [subtract first ODO figure from the last to give your total mileage].

Next Convert liters into gallons [x 0.22] - And divide the recorded mileage by the gallons figure.

On my first tank to tank result I got around 55 MPG, but in the interim meter checks on individual test journeys I've got 60s-65s and my record so far a 67 MPG. This is already beating my 04 1.4 T3 Corolla :toast:

All accepted wisdom from this forum suggests that as these cars loosen up so will our MPGs [my ODO is Around 750 at present]

Cheers TerryB

I live near Sheffield so quite a few hills around. On my average journey to work (about 13 miles) I always get Excellent, yet on my journey home I normally get the graph to display 40-50, if that. I'm a bit disappointed that my average MPG isn't higher, but having said that I am getting on average higher than my last car (Auris 2.0 diesel) and petrol is cheaper, no road tax, free parking, so still gaining overall. :thumbs up:

Hello GAV 18

Method = Fill tank - Zero a trip meter [or note ODO reading] then carry on normal journeys until it time to fill the tank again.

Then = Record fuel needed to refill and make a note of your trip recorder result or ODO readings, [subtract first ODO figure from the last to give your total mileage].

Next Convert liters into gallons [x 0.22] - And divide the recorded mileage by the gallons figure.

On my first tank to tank result I got around 55 MPG, but in the interim meter checks on individual test journeys I've got 60s-65s and my record so far a 67 MPG. This is already beating my 04 1.4 T3 Corolla :toast:

All accepted wisdom from this forum suggests that as these cars loosen up so will our MPGs [my ODO is Around 750 at present]

Cheers TerryB

Or, even esier, sign up for the fuelly web site (www.fuelly.com) and log all your fuel - Any errors due to "not quite full" tanks will be smoothed out, and you'll end up with a true picture of your overall consumption. You'll also be able to see quite graphically the "hot weather effect" on your fuel consumption B)

Yeah I've just been checking your fuelly stats and they pretty much reflect mine - low in Jan/Feb and then rise to June when it was nice and then fall off a little when we had our crap summer. Octovber has been rather nice temp wise (apart from the rain) and as such I am getting reasonable mpg's like you.

Hello GAV 18

Cheers TerryB

Or, even esier, sign up for the fuelly web site (www.fuelly.com) and log all your fuel - Any errors due to "not quite full" tanks will be smoothed out, and you'll end up with a true picture of your overall consumption. You'll also be able to see quite graphically the "hot weather effect" on your fuel consumption B)

Yup - I already do both of those things. With my old car I kept the records myself, and with my new car I've also joined fuelly. My own records tally with fuelly so I know the calculations are about right.

I found with my old car on average I was getting about 45MPG, but if a tank full included some long motorway journeys I was getting 50+MPG. Currently I'm averaging about 52MPG on the HSD, done about 1500 miles now, but no real long motorway journeys as yet.

I think it just a case of hills kill MPG on the hybrid.

You'll find mpg's get better as the car gets run in more. I noticed an improvement from about 15k miles.

1.Try and find a part exchange deal with someone in Holland !!! or

2.Drive up one of your longest hills at the top re-set/zero your 'Average Consumption' and then drive down and at the bottom check your consumption,take a photo of it [for framing and or using as wallpaper and let us know your results.[i bet your HV Battery will be well charged so you may get home on 'EVO' and increase your score.]

No seriously it would be interesting to hear what MPG you can get for your normal driving. :o

Cheers TerryB

:lol:

I still have another few weeks to wait (delivery slated for November, by which time winter will be starting to settle in) but I will certainly post here how it goes.

I've finally discovered how to recall the last overall consumption screen if you miss it when turning off the car. Without your foot on the brake pedal, press Start/Stop once to switch on Aux mode; press again to switch on the "ignition"; and with a third press you'll turn off the system and the last consumption screen will be displayed.

Finding this was the result of intense research over a number of days, or a complete accident - I couldn't say which yahoo.gif

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

i know this is an old topic, but does anyone know what criteria that the eco level is based on? becouse i normaly get EXCELLENT on 3-4 runs each week.
and i am far from a feather foot on the gaspedal!, normal consumption mixed driving is at 5.1/per 100km.

On 08/03/2017 at 11:54 AM, AndreasW said:

i know this is an old topic, but does anyone know what criteria that the eco level is based on? becouse i normaly get EXCELLENT on 3-4 runs each week.
and i am far from a feather foot on the gaspedal!, normal consumption mixed driving is at 5.1/per 100km.

I can't explain the graph, but I have had EXCELLENT on a trip of less than 0.5 miles. Where most of the drive was just electric, part was both petrol and electric.

There is an android app called hybrid assistant, that will record your journey and will show you the distance covered in EV, amount of regen braking gained. An additional app will generate a web page to view graphs after your journey is finished, it also gives a fuel consumed for the journey.

My typical journey to work is about 5Km and i use about 0.340L. Still working on trying to do better than 4.7/100km

• Like 2

I didn't know about that Hybrid Assistant app, tried it out yesterday and it's quite useful - lots of data straight out of the box (unlike something like Torque where you have to create the screens from scratch). The Hybrid Reporter app is also very interesting, although maybe too much information :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links