Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eco Drive Level

monya

54 minutes ago, QuantumFireball said:

I didn't know about that Hybrid Assistant app, tried it out yesterday and it's quite useful - lots of data straight out of the box (unlike something like Torque where you have to create the screens from scratch). The Hybrid Reporter app is also very interesting, although maybe too much information :)

I don't understand half of it, but it's nice to see how much of the journey is on EV. I just need to try it on a longer journey now. :biggrin:

There is some documentation here: http://hybridassistant.blogspot.ie/p/manual.html

I tried it on a longer journey yesterday, but unfortunately the Battery went on my phone right at the end of my journey and it failed to save the data :( Will have to try it again...

One thing that I to find is a decent obd adapter that actually goes into power saving when I turn off the car. I made the mistake the other year, left it plugged in on Friday afternoon and by Monday morning my Battery was too low for the READY light. I know the cheap obd adapters don't switch off, as I can still pickup the wifi from them while I am inside the house hours after turning off the car. :sad:

Shame I didn't use the app yesterday, drove home from work and got excellent. Warmer weather and maybe I have lost a bit of weight on my right foot :laugh:

22 hours ago, Anthony Poli said:

One thing that I to find is a decent obd adapter that actually goes into power saving when I turn off the car. I made the mistake the other year, left it plugged in on Friday afternoon and by Monday morning my battery was too low for the READY light. I know the cheap obd adapters don't switch off, as I can still pickup the wifi from them while I am inside the house hours after turning off the car. :sad:

Yeah I use an OBDLink LX, which is what they recommend (I already had one). Not the cheapest scanner by any means but it's reliable, has a 3 year warranty, and is faster than the cheap stuff. Still hesitant to leave it plugged in though...

Used Hybrid Assistant on the drive in today.  Seems to be a nice little app.  Just need to find somewhere to mount another screen.  Will check out hybrid reporter.

On 16/03/2017 at 2:02 PM, Anthony Poli said:

bluetooth or wifi?

The OBDLink LX is bluetooth. There is only a wifi version of the MX, which is more expensive again.

21 minutes ago, johalareewi said:

Used Hybrid Assistant on the drive in today.  Seems to be a nice little app.  Just need to find somewhere to mount another screen.  Will check out hybrid reporter.

I got a Belkin dash/windscreen mount from Halfords, and mounted it on the quarter light in the A-pillar in my Prius. Seems OK, a bit wobbly when going over rough roads.

On my old Gen 3 Prius I stuck a plastic disc on the dash behind the steering wheel for my TomTom, which sat nicely so I could view it just below the Head Up Display.

On my new Gen 4 Prius, due to the soft material used on the dash, I bought a TomTom beanbag which just sits on the top of the dash, and also allows the TomTom to be just below the HUD.  The beanbag is really excellent, rock steady, and does not physically attach to the car, so I could easily use it in hire or loan cars if needed (assuming they have a flat bit of dash).  It has a smooth, flat surface where you attach the suction mount that came with the device to be mounted.

• Like 1

I am thinking of sitting it on the dash so it is level with the MFD and below the HUD.  Will be easy to notice the display while driving without taking my eyes off the road.

Hybrid reporter is pretty impressive too.

I am thinking of sitting it on the dash so it is level with the MFD and below the HUD.  Will be easy to notice the display while driving without taking my eyes off the road.

Hybrid reporter is pretty impressive too.

The manual needs to explain what some of the information means. ;-)

I don't seem to score very well on the pulse and glide and if I have read the information right, the app has certain speeds that it uses for the pulse and glide bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk