Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq Lights

allenco

Hi have just returned from my first drive at night in my new IQ (2 weeks old and 350 miles)...the headlights dont seem to be much good and interior eyeball light not much use either...any suggestions or advice would be welcomed as to better bulbs LEDs etc.

Incidently have emailed Sally IQ about I love MY IQ stickers and she has promised to get back to me if she is able to make some more.

Regards to all.

Hi have just returned from my first drive at night in my new IQ (2 weeks old and 350 miles)...the headlights dont seem to be much good and interior eyeball light not much use either...any suggestions or advice would be welcomed as to better bulbs LEDs etc.

Incidently have emailed Sally IQ about I love MY IQ stickers and she has promised to get back to me if she is able to make some more.

Regards to all.

Toyota itself got an LED addon to the leg room at the front.

Search for some lighting thread earlier, there is a guy who has added about 5X LED light into his IQ.

I think I am happy with the original eye style LED light at the front but I really want something at the back.

I've added some daytime running lights to my iQ. I've also replace the main beam light with high performance ones. The offical size is something like a HIR2 9012 I think, but this fitment is hard to come by, and I found really expensive.

If you buy a HB4 9006 fitment, all you will have to do to make them fit perfectly is file down one of the prongs, takes about 5 minutes a light. Plus cost wise you can get a much better bulb for your money. I've just got to swap the sidelights for a better bulb now, 501 fitment, and then I'm done.

Hope that helps.

At the moment I am finding a small torch to be the most economical work around...

I did something similar to you, a cheap Battery powered LED light, 3 velcro tabs, job done. I did have 2 lights, but one seat is always up at the back, so that light is in the garage now.

• 3 years later...

Has anyone changed their headlight side-lights and number plate bulbs for LEDs? If so, can you post a pic and where you got them from? Cheers!

My headlights are changed to HID, my side lights are LED closers and my indicators are philips silver dome so no amber can be seen through the lens when they are off

David

I got a pack of 10 LED side lights 501's off Amazon and another set from Autobulbsdirect.com. Had them in for years in 3 different cars and do the job nicely. David above is the best person to ask more in depth questions regarding lighting:)

Just to add to that, you can buy 501 style LED's to replace the existing bulbs but there are various styles. Some are single LED and clusters of 4 etc. my bright ones are a cluster of 11LED's which about mimics the light output of the original bulb but at a different light temperature around 4000k

David

Tarquin, where did you buy them from and which ones did you deploy where?

Thanks.

Hi

Here are some pictures The 501's are replaced with the LED's. The pic is showing fitted with 5 LED's Thought i had fitted the 13 LED version. I will do that soon These were available from eBay for £3.00. The 13 version is £6.99. Just search for 501 LED.

The Indicators are type WY21W T20 fitting and are chrome £6.90 set of 2

The main headlights are HID and are bought as a kit for around £45 again on eBay you can easily swap between the HID and normal bulbs for the MOT . fussy MOT station will refuse to test as the car doesn't have auto adjusting headlights and no lens cleaning device fitted which is a requirement for HID

David

post-109788-0-69613000-1392209076_thumb.

post-109788-0-36526100-1392209117_thumb.

• Like 1

Tarquin,

Nice one. Do I assume you replaced the front indicators with silver lenses to make the bulbs shine brighter and at standstill don't have the orange tinge?

I did a quick search for 13 version 501 LEDs on eBay, are these the ones you are talking about: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-ERROR-FREE-CANBUS-W5W-T10-501-LED-SIDE-LIGHT-BULB-Xenon-White-13-SMD-/321313712389?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4acfca2905 or different?

What about the rear number plate bulbs?

Cheers!

Yes those are the ones. One thing to remember, they maybe polarity conscious being diodes. So if you buy and put them in and they don't work, just turn them around in their holders. You may find one will work and the other not, just turn the non worker round.

The indicator bulbs are silver/chrome to mask the inner amber coating and work kind of back to front so as you say at stand still you don't see the Amber or fried eggs as some people call them, They are no brighter.

Cant remember if i changed the number plate light. I did have it out when i fitted the custom rear view camera in the number plate. Will check when i have a min and its not howling outside

david

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links