Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Revision 3 Mr2 Pricing

KPARRIS-JONES

Hey all,

I'm looking at getting a second hand Revision 3 MR2, it was built in 1994 and seems to be in fairly good nick apart from a few things.

It is owned by a mate of mine and he has treated it like his bitch. That said it is in ok condition.

There is no rust on the panels and there are only a few small dinks on the rear quarters of each side.

However there are bits that must be replaced:

*Windscreen

*Gear Knob

*Gear Gaiter

*Cooling Fans and brackets (the metal behind the vents is rusted to ****)

*New Exhaust

*New Front Indicator

*New Spoiler

*Full Respray, the paint is shagged

I have seen them going for £250 maximum, and seeing as the mileage on this is over 210k I think I shouldn't pay over £100

What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

KP

The idea of it being a money pit doesn't bother me so much, I am asking whether or not he should just give it to me. Is it worth even £100? it'll cost far more to put right but I'd enjoy fixing it up.

I sat in it briefly and thought it was fantastic. It will need a lot of TLC but nowhere near as much as the GTi does. I'd love to have an MR2 but should I pay for what I am taking on?

Resale value doesn't matter, I want to know of it is worh paying anything for. :)

Thanks for any furred help! :D

KP

if your not too bothered about resale value then go for it.

some of the parts could be got off eBay or breakers which will save a few quid.

with the mileage free would be good but £100 would be ok

Thanks guys, and thanks for removing my double post :lol:

Ok then, when it comes up for sale I'll see if he'll just give it to me, meanwhile I better source all the parts I need to get an idea of the costs, the dents and respray will be a killer. It's a deep metallic blue at the moment, any ideas as to what colour to get? :D

KP

:D Hope you have a large garage for your project(s) ;)

red :P

dunno really. keeping it its original colour will be cheaper.

are you sure it wont compound up? or has the lacquer started peeling?

haha Steve that's the one thing I don't have, I have a single garage for two engines, the GTi outside the garage, the Prelude in the crusher, the Hyundai up at my Aunts house and the CTS outside the house. :lol:

The MR2 will also have to be outside the house.

The rear spoiler has bubbled badly and will need to be resprayed or replaced. The paint is all deeply scratched around the handles from keys and the front bumper plastic has been scarred and scuffed, so that will need to be rubbed down and repainted.

I would like red, but to be honest with you I really quite like the blue. Black is gorgeous but it's way too common, and I don't want to go down the route of having chrome radiator fans and stuff like all the other Rev 3 owners. :P Very JDM and simple. :)

But I don't have room for another car to be sat there. I have a 4A-GE and H22A2 in the garage, alongside my tools and workbench and panels etc. I have the GTi sat outside the garage, a CTS out by the front of the house along side the house with Fiesta and soon we will have the Coupe in a Council garage down the road.

Long list. :lol:

But I don't have room for another car to be sat there. I have a 4A-GE and H22A2 in the garage, alongside my tools and workbench and panels etc. I have the GTi sat outside the garage, a CTS out by the front of the house along side the house with Fiesta and soon we will have the Coupe in a Council garage down the road.

Long list. :lol:

Bet the neighbours in MK just love living near you :eek:

My neighbours are a policeman and policewoman. :lol: They seem to be fine with it, so I am too :P

I've been very quiet lately, just fitting panels today nothing loud :P

lol wait till i come up lol.

kp just a thought can you get a can or two of acid etch primer (halfrauds sell it if your stuck) just for spraying the welded areas to keep the rust at bay

I'll definitely do that! I don't want to take any chances with this.

Thanks for letting me know. :D

KP

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links