Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Split/cracked Paintwork

reidy

Wonder if anyone can help me with this, the wind caught the door as it was opened, smashing it into my step dad's car, slightly bending the door and cracking/splitting the paintwork.

I've bent out the crease but the paintwork needs repairing - would something like touch up paint do the trick or is it more a case of taking it to a paint shop for repair?

Cheers

post-98380-12872655134_thumb.jpg

Bodyshop all the way there dude I am afraid. The crease will take some sorting and trying to sort that with a touch up pen will stand out like an excited dogs groin region!

Oh you do not want a crease.... I got one on my GTi door and it took some sorting out. Only cost me the price of the filler though as I did it myself :P I had a nasty one about 4cm wide and along the height of the door. Had to hammer it out first and then use about 3 coats of filler to get it sorted.

I don't have any pictures annoyingly...

Anyway, as Hou said, you will need to go to a paint shop to get it smoothed and painted properly.

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll get it to a bodyshop

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links