Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exact Original Paint Match For My St202?

oldie2008

Finally getting round to spraying a few bits on my ST202 but I don't know where to go to get an exact match, it's the original factory colour, it's the blue colour (which looks more purple in day light than blue)

Hope you know which colour I mean?!

I don't want to go to Halfords because they are infamous for their paint matches, which I have experienced 1st hand

Any help appreciated

most paint shops now match the colour and then put the paint into an aerosol tin for you .

Ah ok I'll try anywhere except halfords, their idea of a match is shocking. I'll be using a spray gun instead of an aerosol

i didnt know Halfords mixed up celulose paints for you to spray yourself .

I presume they do, don't see why not but I know ubik all about car paint except aerosol looks like a Matt finish (a **** finish)

Would you be looking for 933 Purple Royale?

I presume they do, don't see why not but I know ubik all about car paint except aerosol looks like a Matt finish (a **** finish)

it's the same paint, just a different delivery mechanism. You can get good results with aerosols if you know how. Not as easy as a gun finish but very achievable with a bit of effort.

if it looks matt then it requires clearcoat.

all metallic paint finishes require clearcoat.

if your using a gun and doing the job outside then a 2K paint system will give the best results ;)

its a bit toxic though :unsure:

Thanks for the replies guys. When I bought the car the guy has had to respray the front wing & my mate who is gunna be spraying my car says its been done out of a can cos of the Matt finish but yea I plan on buying a gun & compressor n we're going to spray it a panel at a time in my garage at home

Thats the plan so if you got any input hit me with it :)

if you are planning on spraying your car in the garage make sure it's clean put water in the gun first and spray the garage walls roof and floor with water to damp it down stops the most of the dust dropping on the paint make sure to run a bit of thinners back through the gun before putting the paint in. when buying the paint make sure to get enough activator and thinners to match the amount of paint you need and make sure you prep the panel tidy before spraying get some scotch pads tac cloth's and some panel wipe before spraying hope this helps you when spaying do a couple of fine coats and don't go to heavy with the paint allow about 10 mins between coats to let the paint flash off

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links