• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 loveverso

loveverso

• Registered Member
  • 1 posts
  • Toyota Model: corolla verso t-spirit d4d

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:00 PM

Hi all. I have a 2004 (newer shape) corolla verso t-spirit d4d. I have had the car for a year now and its been extremely economical and reliable. The only thing is that the clutch seems to be getting harder to press down. When I'm stuck in traffic it murders my knee. It also makes a squeeky sound when pressing the clutch down - I think it may be a pin or a spring or something.

Anyway, can anyone tell me how I can make the pedal softer and easier to press down? by the way, the clutch works fine and all the gears are smooth.

thanks
loveverso

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 bothwell_buyer

bothwell_buyer

Top Rank Poster!

• TOC Supporter
  • 7,895 posts
  • First Name:Ian
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: RAV4s, MR2s
  • Year: 1994

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:31 AM

Hi all. I have a 2004 (newer shape) corolla verso t-spirit d4d. I have had the car for a year now and its been extremely economical and reliable. The only thing is that the clutch seems to be getting harder to press down. When I'm stuck in traffic it murders my knee. It also makes a squeeky sound when pressing the clutch down - I think it may be a pin or a spring or something.

Anyway, can anyone tell me how I can make the pedal softer and easier to press down? by the way, the clutch works fine and all the gears are smooth.

thanks
loveverso

you could try posting in the cars sub-=forum ; greasing the clutch pedal swivel joint, or increase your intake of glucosamine tablets. Or even all three. :rolleyes:

#3 bestseany

bestseany

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Toyota Model: 04 Avensis 2.0 VVTi T-Spirit

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:52 AM

I asked my mate (Toyota mechanic) to take a look at my Avensis as it has the same issues. He said the heavy clutch was due to it needing replacing soon and the squeaky pedal was the bush on the pedal.

#4 Jan&tone

Jan&tone

Top Rank Poster!

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,303 posts
  • First Name:Tony
  • Toyota Model: Yaris Hybrid T-Spirit
  • Year: 2012

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:13 PM

Last time I had a clutch pedal that was getting heavy was in a mk4 cortina - resulted in the clutch being replaced.
Sorry

#5 Steve

Steve

Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids!!

• +Admin
  • 10,127 posts
  • First Name:Steve
  • Toyota Model: Wifes aygo at the mo!
  • Year: 2009
Contributor

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:32 PM

probably the bearing on the clutch.

#6 meltonlad

meltonlad

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Toyota Model: corolla D4D t-spirit

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:33 PM

ive had a stiff one for months now (clutch pedle that is) :D ive driven about 8k and its still stiff but i cant tell any differrence from the day i got it so im just going to keep going til it packs up....

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users