Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis D4D 2.2 Tr

BigBlueChimp

I currently have a 2.0 D4D and am looking at a 2.2 D4D TR(2008). How is the 2.2, performance, realibilty, cost, any known issues compared against the 2.0?

Cheers

I currently have a 2.0 D4D and am looking at a 2.2 D4D TR(2008). How is the 2.2, performance, realibilty, cost, any known issues compared against the 2.0?

Cheers

Worst car I have ever owned, the list of parts that have needed replaced in just 83000 mls is incredible. Buy this car if you want to be on personal terms with everyone at your local Toyota dealer and want to spend 1/2 the cost of the car again on repairs.

Done 85000 miles in mine (2007) and only had an issue with a sensor on the engine, which was done under warranty. Other than that a great car. Might even get another

• 3 weeks later...

got a2.2d4d tspirit on a06 plate 900000 on it not as good as my 98 2l petrol cdx not alot of differance in fuel comsumption either

never had any real probs with my 2.2t3x,serviced it myself from new,just done front pads at 45000 i guess the front end is a little heavy on tyres...on third set about 2000 miles ago, cleaned egr out at 30000, only gripe i suppose no sensors on pads so last week when gunning in down autobahn coming onto sliproad at nearly 100mph and heard a scraping sound when trying too brake, was twitching a little after that but had bought pads from halfrauds about a month before,just not got round to changing em...needless to say they got done by lunchtime that day.fuel consumption ok after all it is a big bus,normally get about 600 miles to a tank....proof just driven from wildenrath-germany to milton keynes last thursday...100 mph from germany to dunkirk, have been running around mk and fuel light still not on although it will be shortly(computer said 43 miles to a gallon on wrong side of channel...at 100mph that'll do me)