Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Somebody Help!

game4nefink

i have a 2000 toyota celica 1.8vvti 140 and recently it has started drinking alot of oil but no leaks :s and this tapping like rattling sound has appeared. i am new to toyotas let alone !Removed! lol so any kind info and help would be appreciated. i do not want to spend bucks as i have it up for sale aswell.

Cheers, Abz

You probably have what is known as the 'death rattle'. Due to an engine design fault on pre facelift 140s the engine over time uses large amounts of oil. This will damage the bottom end if the oil level is allowed to go to low. The noise will be the big end bearings. Toyota replaced engines under warranty that were up to seven years old but you are well beyond that. I will pm you a website where you will get more information from the 140 experts.

Yep, a well known problem with that generation of engines. Also affects some Corollas and Avensis's.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links