Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mileage Change

chris321

hi can anyone help me i have a toyota celica and have just put a new engine in the mileage on the engine 45.000 but on the clock in my car is 165.000 can i change clock to match the new mileage or not please help cheers

• Like 1

I think that the mileage on the speedometer should reflect that of the complete car.(the transmission, brakes and running gear will all have done the higher mileage!

To alter the mileometer when fitting a replacement engine could be seen as "Clocking" or misrepresenting the actual mileage of the car.

You should keep records of the replacement engine/ miles when fitting etc. to show to any prospective purchaser in the future.

Do notforget to get your log book altered at DVLA when you fit the replacement engine also notifying your insurance company of the engine change may be a wise move :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'd say that if you intend to sell the car at any time, then you need to be truthful about whatever mileage reading you put on the gauge. If like me you intend to keep the car for life, then what does it matter?

Unless you are on a limited mileage annual insurance policy.

Best to tell the insurance company of the engine change, but if its like for like then they won't bother. I told my insurance company that I'd changed the 1998cc engine in my RAVs to 1998cc turbo engines. They didn't bother.

• Like 1

i have change a;most every part on my car engine,gearbox,clutch,suspension brakes all round all the engine parts timing belt kit alloy radiator,alrernator etcs/s exaust wheels bodykit .boonet leather interior most prob missed a few things this is why i what to change the mileage

• Like 1

i have change a;most every part on my car engine,gearbox,clutch,suspension brakes all round all the engine parts timing belt kit alloy radiator,alrernator etcs/s exaust wheels bodykit .boonet leather interior most prob missed a few things this is why i what to change the mileage

It is NOT LEGAL to change the mileage on a car to less than that covered no matter what parts you have changed. End of story. Simples.

AFAIK it's not illegal to change it unless you try to sell the car for the lowered milage. But the milage is ment to represent the chassis

Which model of celica is it? The gen 5/6 you can take out the dial cluster, take it apart and turn the number dials to the correct milage, on the gen7 I'm pretty sure you'll need to get it done digitally

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links